Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rampage Jackson Coming Back to the UFC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Rampage is the new Tito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Please let this be true. We need to see Rampage take on Rashad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Please let this be true. We need to see Rampage take on Rashad.

I would bet any money we will see that fight next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

Just finished watchin the final episode of tuf10, them 2 coaches hate each other with a passion!
    would love to see that fight, it has potential for fight of the year.
    Also Rampage needs to come back for his fans, he would lose all his credability as a fighter if he didnt come back to shut rashads mouth, because lets face it, tuf10 done him no favours on the likeability factor did it. I was never a fan of rashad but on screen he did seem to help nuture his fighters tru out etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

jeez, he lasted half as long as i thought me might

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

peter p wrote: »
    Just finished watchin the final episode of tuf10, them 2 coaches hate each other with a passion!
    would love to see that fight, it has potential for fight of the year.
    Also Rampage needs to come back for his fans, he would lose all his credability as a fighter if he didnt come back to shut rashads mouth, because lets face it, tuf10 done him no favours on the likeability factor did it. I was never a fan of rashad but on screen he did seem to help nuture his fighters tru out etc

You'll notice none of the people he coached complained about him. He said himself he's not a good cornerman as he takes every loss personally (and poorly), but he puts in the work in the gym.

Unfortunately, he picked a pretty terrible team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

You'll notice none of the people he coached complained about him.

I didn't notice too many compliments either :confused:

I hated the way he got on after the coaches challenge(volleyball). He has piped on the whole series about Rashad being cocky, then when Rashad won $10k Rampage starts mouthing off "its only 10 grand, I don't need 10k". The funniest thing about that whole thing IMO was when Rampage turned to his team and says something along the lines of "We don't care, we don't need the money, my team just want me to beat your ass, right guys?" *silence* "RIGHT GUYS?" to which there was a murmur from 1 or 2 of them saying "ummm...yeah"

Yeah Rampage, you really know your team well! These guys have possibly sacrificed jobs, homes, money, family to get a chance of fighting in the UFC and you think they're more concerned about you winning a fight rather than them getting their hands on $1k for being in your team....IF YOU WON

Devastator wrote: »
    I didn't notice too many compliments either :confused:

Yeah Rampage, you really know your team well! These guys have possibly sacrificed jobs, homes, money, family to get a chance of fighting in the UFC and you think they're more concerned about you winning a fight rather than them getting their hands on $1k for being in your team....IF YOU WON
    What pissed me off the most was that he never consoled his fighters in the cage after they got beat, im sure its a lonely place to be the best of times, never mind when your dream has just been taking away.

Oh and dont forget the poor guy that had to warm up himself because rampage and tiki were late for some stupid reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

He was painted as an absolute clown in TUF10. tbh there's only so much of that that you can fake with editing. Bottom line it was the Rampage show in his head. When
    Marcus lost in the last fight, Rampage was inconsolable; sayin that he really wanted to win it etc etc. WTF like?

TBH he seems like a douche almighty with some funny one-liners. I really don't like Rashad for some reason though either, and would root for Rampage if they fought. I just think Rashad has a smuggy "too cool" air about him, even though I admire a lot of the values he showed on the show like consoling Rampage's fighters etc, although that's easy to do when you've won. I dunno, hard to put my finger on why I don't like him.

The stand-offs between R+R got a bit tiresome after the first couple aswell tbh. If they were that heated one of them would've at least touched the other one during the whole series.

consultech wrote: »

The stand-offs between R+R got a bit tiresome after the first couple aswell tbh. If they were that heated one of them would've at least touched the other one during the whole series.

I agree, but i reckon they both knew if they touched at all, it would of been a brawl there and then. which would not look good for ufc or mma in general. They both showed great disipline i think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Are rampage and evans gonna fight?
    I'm completely outta the loop these days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Are rampage and evans gonna fight?
    I'm completely outta the loop these days?

UFC 114, May 29th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

May 29th UFC 114

Advertisement