Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 93 weigh in

Options
  • 12-01-2009 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where and when the weigh ins are?
    Also ,has there been any info on any afterparties or any other fighter appearance.

Heard a rumour that Bisping might be making an appearance in the MMA shop on camden street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Word on the street is that The Vault is where a few of them are heading after wards. I don't know how solid this info is though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Weigh ins are friday afternoon at 3 in the O2. Fight club Q&A with bisping starts at 2....wayne Mcullogh will be there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rondog

cheers,is the weigh in open to the public?is there a cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

rondog wrote: »
    cheers,is the weigh in open to the public?is there a cost?

Weigh in is open to public and free.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Thought I read on ufc.com that the weigh-in was at 4pm? Could be wrong though. Any thoughts on how early you should try and get there/will there be much standing room etc?

• Advertisement

Maynard wrote: »
    Thought I read on ufc.com that the weigh-in was at 4pm? Could be wrong though. Any thoughts on how early you should try and get there/will there be much standing room etc?

The weigh in is at 4pm, doors are at 3pm though. Should be loads of room for everyone but best to be there early to guarentee good seats IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

Anybody know how good the weigh ins tend to be? I know it can be a bit hit and miss but just wondering if it's worth taking a half day from work. Be going to Joe Rogan that night anyway.
    And I've friends going to the Fight Club Q&A-do people reckon if I arrive at 355 or so would they be able to keep me a seat beside them or will someone just tell them to get lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Well its basically men geting into their under wear and getting weighed.
    You might get the odd bit of staring down or fighters getting into each others faces.Ive been to one in vegas and it wasnt exciting by any means but its a chance to get a few photos of fighters albeit in their Y fronts

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

bigslick wrote: »
    The weigh in is at 4pm, doors are at 3pm though. Should be loads of room for everyone but best to be there early to guarentee good seats IMO

Sound man.

Am going to Rogan that night also. Hopefully it will all contribute to a full mind-bendingly great mma weekend.

Am also, not so secretly, hoping that my match on Sat afternoon is postponed due to inclement conditions as it will adversely affect both my Friday night and Saturday pre-fight routine:(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

From MMAMANIA http://mmamania.com/2009/01/13/ufc-93-weigh-in-details-and-information-for-franklin-vs-henderson-ppv-event-in-dublin/

Fans in the area are encouraged to show up about 1 p.m. local time to rub elbows, take pictures and get autographs from the several fighters who will be located in the venue. In addition, UFC Fight Club members will be able to attend an exclusive Q&A session with The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) light heavyweight winner from season three, Michael Bisping, at 2 p.m local time.

Any advice on getting from Connelly Station to the o2? Bus number maybe?Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Wexler12 wrote: »

Any advice on getting from Connelly Station to the o2? Bus number maybe?Thanks in advance

Number 90 bus i think, should go up the quays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

its walking distance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

From MMAMANIA http://mmamania.com/2009/01/13/ufc-93-weigh-in-details-and-information-for-franklin-vs-henderson-ppv-event-in-dublin/

I planned on walking .....

Alright,nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

weigh in is 3.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

rondog wrote: »
    Anyone know where and when the weigh ins are?
    Also ,has there been any info on any afterparties or any other fighter appearance.

Heard a rumour that Bisping might be making an appearance in the MMA shop on camden street.

Thats my shop but it's not going to happen, he was too busy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Is that the O2 on Castleforbes Rd? Never been there before.

Great day,what an atomsphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Judging by todays weigh ins,UFC weigh-ins are almost like a show themselves.Everyone who q'd got in and the atmosphere was great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Arianna was lookin smokin!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement