Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-03-2018, 15:20   #61
Srameen

An unexpected royalties cheque in the post. Something from years back was added to the reading list for a college course in the UK, apparently.
I love pleasant surprises in the post.
Advertisement
26-03-2018, 19:59   #62
Graces7

Watching the big cat who has just come in from the rain assiduously washing, or rather drying himself off... Now his sister has joined in....so there is now a great furry heap of cats ,,
27-03-2018, 15:32   #63
Boom_Bap
Landfill

huhuhuhuhuhu
a colleague sent me an image file today called DoubleEntryShots.jpg
it's totally related to work, but I'm surprised that alarms haven't gone off in IT and my machine confiscated.
27-03-2018, 16:01   #64
Srameen

The smile a little note of thanks gives.

Mrs S sometimes knits little hats for premature babies, for use in Neonatal Intensive Care Units in Dublin and Belfast. A 'wee note' came today with a photo of a baby wearing one of her hats. Nice thought and I'll benefit from the smile it brought.

We should all make an effort to thank people. It so often is an intention that goes unfulfilled.
27-03-2018, 16:41   #65
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Just in the door and my mam told me my sister is gone into labour since mid night last night
Advertisement
27-03-2018, 16:51   #66
Jack Kanoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude View Post
Just in the door and my mam told me my sister is gone into labour since mid night last night
Have you got a Pussycat gif for this?
Hope all goes well Uncle Seph
27-03-2018, 19:45   #67
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Just became an uncle again for the second time in almost a month Beautiful little boy , so happy for them.
27-03-2018, 19:58   #68
Rubberlegs

Quote:
Just became an uncle again for the second time in almost a month Beautiful little boy , so happy for them.
Congratulations!!

TH that my nearest and dearest drive me up the walls a lot of the time, but when I really need them they are there
27-03-2018, 22:51   #69
Bambi985

There's this lovely new girl at work who compliments me every day, whether it's my hair or a skirt I'm wearing or my eyelashes or whatever. Today she told me my skin was fabulous and we girly-chatted about our favourite skincare products for about an hour.

I was glowing leaving the office and it made me realise how much of a lovely, selfless and totally effortless thing it is to be that person that pays compliments to the people around them every chance they get. It's like injecting a little ray of sunshine into someone's day. I'm going to try to do that more
Advertisement
27-03-2018, 23:42   #70
branie2

Watching Game Night at the cinema this evening. It was very funny.
28-03-2018, 08:36   #71
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi985 View Post
There's this lovely new girl at work who compliments me every day, whether it's my hair or a skirt I'm wearing or my eyelashes or whatever. Today she told me my skin was fabulous and we girly-chatted about our favourite skincare products for about an hour.

I was glowing leaving the office and it made me realise how much of a lovely, selfless and totally effortless thing it is to be that person that pays compliments to the people around them every chance they get. It's like injecting a little ray of sunshine into someone's day. I'm going to try to do that more
Lovely post to start the day; thank you.

Happy to be here with so many lovely folk. Missed all this so much when I had no electricity etc. THANK YOU!
28-03-2018, 09:27   #72
rainbow kirby

Exactly 2 years ago I was cuddling my firstborn son for the first time in the birth centre after he became the best Easter egg ever! Happy birthday little dude
28-03-2018, 10:34   #73
Graces7

Happy and relieved that when I steeled myself to call a garage re the car , the man was kindness itself and so helpful.

Had got very complicated here on the island so am happy indeed.

Happy i can thus rest today as I seem to be "bugged"... nasty! But snug now. Listening to occasional hail showers ..
28-03-2018, 10:35   #74
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow kirby View Post
Exactly 2 years ago I was cuddling my firstborn son for the first time in the birth centre after he became the best Easter egg ever! Happy birthday little dude
If there is an award for the happiest post;YOU WON! Tears in my eyes
28-03-2018, 11:10   #75
Srameen

It just gets better...I'm on roll.
Did Tax returns online Monday night just out of habit, as we had no addition medical or such to claim for 2017.
This morning I'm informed that a refund of €2004 is on its way to the bank account.

And found €40 in the pocket of a coat I put on this morning.

Drinks are on me.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion