Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got/hear the new black eyed peas album

Options
  • 28-05-2005 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Monkey Business
    Pump It
    Don't Phunk With My Heart
    My Style-Feat. Justin Timberlake
    Don't Lie
    My Humps
    Dum Diddley
    Feel It
    Gone Going Gone-Feat. Jack Johnson
    They Don't Want Music-Feat. James Brown
    Disco Club
    Union
    Bebot
    Bump Da Bump
    Audio Delite

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Oh god. No offense but this might be the worst thread ever posted in this forum. Why did you just list the tracks? You haven't said anything about the album.

Anyway black eyed peas are simply awful. Really awful. IMO of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

was in a hurry.
    So what do folk that have listened to it thought of it.
    Is it as class as Elephunk

I generally hate rap cause its ****. But i like some of the black eyed peas stuff, seen as half of it could be classed as not rap anyways. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Then you are in the wrong forum you tool.

Its rap related

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Is it as class as Elephunk

I object to that question...it suggests that they were once good. They have always been horse piss.

I hope that band get plague. Really I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

They were once good, but then they let your one into the group and now they are just pure crap.

Ahhh,,, she "Fergie" is class, class voice, and a stunner too. ;)

It was such a sell out move to let her in. They're music went extremely commercial too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

i dont see why its selling out to make music that people want to listen to, why not look at it like they where not that successful then they changed the setup a bit and made it big.

Kristok wrote:
    i dont see why its selling out to make music that people want to listen to, why not look at it like they where not that successful then they changed the setup a bit and made it big.

Well its changing your whole style of music to suit the mass market. Its like prostituting yourself musically. Anyway it doesn't matter, they're rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Personally i thought they were always sh1te, I heard a few tracks by them years ago, and then when they came back with where is the love i was like "hey, thats them **** who had that stupid well i am traight outta cali cali song"
    Utter sh1te. BEP, Andre 3000, Camron......****, the lot of yis

Yer blondie ones a ride tho.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Yea I know they changed there style of music to suit the mass market but as you said they are rubbish but they didnt sell out they just changed at being rubbish at one style to making pop rap that sells, I never liked them past or present just dont see how they sold out when they where no good in the first place. As for the album its likly simular to there last album so if you like that sort of thing it is probably good.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

Behind the front and bridging the gap were quite good but the 2 newer ones suck badly imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I was listening to BTF a few weeks ago and that is a really good album! I never realised it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

I like them!Ya they are pop rap but still I love lets get it started its great for an energy boost! :)

Yeah, "Where is the love" is a bit gay alright, but their other songs make up for it.

Hey mama, Boogie that be, Lets get retarded/started?, Rock my ****, Smells like funk, The Apl song, Whats goin down, are all class songs.

Your ones(Fergie`s) voice is class, especially in that song "the boogie that be". Fast forward it to 2mins and listen to her,,, tis class the way your man emphashises the last word she says in the sentence. ;)

"Hands up" is a good song too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Merciful hour...

The fundamental nature of good hip hop is expression of self in a manner that is true to your life or those of the people around you. Failing that tracks can be made explicitly for club and dance purposes, not my cup of tea albeit but I can see the attraction.

Pop rap on the other hand, is musical masturbation. It is the dribbling of saccharine nonsense lyrics for wishy-washy clowns who know or care nothing of the genre. It is the likes of these fools that pollute the genre in general thus doing actual fans a disservice. The likes of the Black Eyed Peas embody the above trend at its worst and I consider that "selling out". Arseholes. Death to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Ah passionate disdain for shíte artists that are the current flavour of the month.
    I like the cut of you moxy kid. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Moxy kid? What's moxy? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

Ok I bought the new album and its brilliant!I like Pump it and Don't lie so far must listen to the rest.

Advertisement