Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking-rail Maynooth or Leixlip?

Options
  • 03-12-2019 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I need to get the train to Connolly for about 10am. Would parking be easier in Maynooth or Leixlip-Louisa Bridge stations about 9am?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Don't know about Leixlip, but Maynooth is usually packed at that stage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Leixlip.

Maynooth just had a carpark extension and it took about two weeks for it become as full as the previous one. There are basically no spaces at 8, and none by 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If it's any help, parking is not an issue either in Dunboyne or M3 Parkway. There a train every 30 minutes on the line in the morning; you can change at Broombridge to get to Connolly en route or the Luas may be of use as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

I need to get the train to Connolly for about 10am.

Leixlip can be pretty full by 10, although I have gotten a space there around 11. One other option you might consider is the hazlehatch-GCD train. The hazlehatch car park has never been full in my experience (there's always about 20 spaces at the far end of the car park)

Advertisement