Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch to SSE Airtricity - FREE Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and a Climote.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cona wrote: »
    Do SSE also come and install the Climote for you?
    Have climoote for years, nothing but trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

What issues have you had with it? I’ve an installation booked for February

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I have it years and never had an issue. Also works with amazon echo

Already with SSE. I suppose I haven't a hope in hell of getting the freebies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Have Climote now for 3 years, in two different houses.

No issues with it at all. Works perfect. Had one small problem and the support desk sorted really quickly.

Only figured out the other week I can integrate with Alexa so that is handy as well.......

I originally got as part of SSE deal and they come and install. You get the first year free. Second year then is 19 euro for the SIM. You can buy a multi year deal for less, I think 39 for 3 years.....

They seem to be working on updates all the time. Can't complain.....

If getting installed ask for the wireless thermostat to install into room, you can move around house. It is handy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Millem wrote: »
    I presume someone could sign up to airtricity get the deal then leave early and pay €50 break fee?

Electric Ireland are offering €150 cash back on an electric switch if anyone is interested.

I can say I didn’t like Airtricity either and always had big bills with them. (I was in a different house to be fair). With Energia now and so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

KevinCavan wrote: »
    I can say I didn’t like Airtricity either and always had big bills with them. (I was in a different house to be fair). With Energia now and so far so good.

Do people check their rates to know for sure what's cheapest?
    Bonkers.ie is good.

You'll get high bill with high usage no matter who you're with. You may have to investigate heating use / larger appliances etc...

So long as you keep changing each year, you'll most likely be saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Do people check their rates to know for sure what's cheapest?
    Bonkers.ie is good.

You'll get high bill with high usage no matter who you're with. You may have to investigate heating use / larger appliances etc...

So long as you keep changing each year, you'll most likely be saving.

If you ring and tell the company you are with they can match the rates sometimes.....so worth getting best rate and puttin a call in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just had engineer out. Live in the middle if Dublin, yet sim cant get decent connection. So couldn't install it.

Would I be able to end my contract with SSE or move to a different bill structure?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Only figured out the other week I can integrate with Alexa so that is handy as well.......

interesting. I must look that up now.

Just wondering if I have the climote and move provider can I still use the climote - who will top up the sim per year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

What’s the energia rewards like? Any decent discounts or just offers widely available elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Yeah after year one you can Move provider and keep The climote and pay the sub urself.
    Sniipe wrote: »
    Shefwedfan wrote: »

interesting. I must look that up now.

Just wondering if I have the climote and move provider can I still use the climote - who will top up the sim per year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

What issues have you had with it? I’ve an installation booked for February
    Not holding times / dates etc, sometimes just won't kick in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

What's involved in the installation? Just got a new boiler and don't want to cause any hassles with it

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Cona wrote: »
    What's involved in the installation? Just got a new boiler and don't want to cause any hassles with it

It takes no more the 30 minuets, you have to have an external timer for your boiler, they take a picture of it and replace it with the climote. They came to fit mine a few weeks and I only had the internal timer so wouldn't do it, got a cheap external one installed and they came back to fit it, working great no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

I got this deal but turns out my thermostat only only has live and active live or something. No neutral so wont work. Rang and ig now seems I am tied to a contract and climote wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

fergald wrote: »
    I got this deal but turns out my thermostat only only has live and active live or something. No neutral so wont work. Rang and ig now seems I am tied to a contract and climote wont work.

you've a cooling off period, when did you sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

This deal is still on. How much is the Echo, Echo Spot & Climote worth? The other Airtricity switching offer is a €270 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

RossieMan wrote: »
    you've a cooling off period, when did you sign up?

Ah two months ago. It takes up to two months for climote to even contact you.

Advertisement