Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-08-2014, 11:41   #1

How to stop thinking about stuttering?

Hello all,

My speech is about 95% when i not thinking about what im going to say next but when i asked something and i have to think about what i have to say or if im asked to repeat something i just said, i just cant speak i just lock up for a few second and have to jerk my head or arm to get talking again!

Has anybody else got this kind of problem?
What have you done to make it easier to live with?
Advertisement
22-09-2014, 13:57   #2

Exact same problem myself. Giving a prepared speech in front of a group can be a nightmare. The more you think about it the worse you get. So jsut think about something else. For me i just try to concentrate on breathing correctly. Thats tends to relax me a little. Or maybe the hypnotherapy i had all those years ago actually did work.
14-06-2015, 19:56   #3
arold10

Quote:
Originally Posted by murpolopoliss View Post
Hello all,

My speech is about 95% when i not thinking about what im going to say next but when i asked something and i have to think about what i have to say or if im asked to repeat something i just said, i just cant speak i just lock up for a few second and have to jerk my head or arm to get talking again!

Has anybody else got this kind of problem?
What have you done to make it easier to live with?
I think that if your speech stands at 95%, it means that you're very close to fluency. So you should capitalize on that in order to increase your confidence.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion