Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-05-2020, 08:33   #1
paddym1

Dyson Big Ball & V7 Trigger

Not for everyone, but if you happen to be looking for a Dyson at the moment (which I was), you can get a Dyson Big Ball Animal 2+ vacuum with free V7 handheld Trigger for €330 (including delivery) in their "Spring Sale": https://www.dyson.ie/offers/dyson-offers.html

I've checked on HN/Curry's etc., and it seems that €330 is the current retail price of the Big Ball, while the V7 is €230.

If you were thinking of buying either of these, it seems to be a great deal - but if you weren't, then they are just expensive vacuum cleaners.
Advertisement
06-05-2020, 09:22   #2
antodeco
Warning: Contains traces of nuts

If I didnt have one already Id be all over that! Thats a great price for 2 of them!
06-05-2020, 11:30   #3
nedd

Thanks for this. Just ordered.
06-05-2020, 12:13   #4
thebiglad

Ordered too, have a 10 year old Dyson and been eye out for a replacement - the mini will do for cleaning out the cars so good deal.

Delivery tomorrow at no additional cost too.
Thanks from:
06-05-2020, 12:53   #5
leex

Is the main engine of this V7 trigger much different to the V7 with the long tube?
Advertisement
06-05-2020, 15:18   #6
paddym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leex View Post
Is the main engine of this V7 trigger much different to the V7 with the long tube?

I'm pretty sure they use the same motor (on the website both are listed as having a Dyson digital motor V7....up to 110,000 rpm).

However, I don't know if you can attach a "stick" to the "trigger" version - I suspect it might be possible using some kind of adapter, but I'm open to correction.
06-05-2020, 15:27   #7
nedd

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddym1 View Post
However, I don't know if you can attach a "stick" to the "trigger" version - I suspect it might be possible using some kind of adapter, but I'm open to correction.
I was wondering about this myself.
06-05-2020, 21:52   #8
Ste05

Send a message via MSN to Ste05
I have this exact vacuum and it is absolutely terrible. Have it about a year, for maybe a month it was decent, then just basically lost all suction power, we even sent it back to Dyson to have it repaired because we thought there was a problem with it as the suction was so poor. They apparently found nothing wrong with it and sent it back, basically no different.

We're now buying another vacuum (as this basically doesn't function as a vacuum) after dropping €400 on this about a year ago. I would stay away!!

In addition, we had a dyson before this one (an upright one) and it was amazing, loved it and hence we were so enamored with getting another Dyson, this is nowhere near the same level.
06-05-2020, 21:59   #9
ChelseaRentBoy

Yeah iv'e heard similar about these vacuums before. They just don't do as good a job as a proper corded vacuum. That said if you are in the market for one of these this is a decent bargain.
Advertisement
06-05-2020, 22:06   #10
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste05 View Post
I have this exact vacuum and it is absolutely terrible. Have it about a year, for maybe a month it was decent, then just basically lost all suction power, we even sent it back to Dyson to have it repaired because we thought there was a problem with it as the suction was so poor. They apparently found nothing wrong with it and sent it back, basically no different.

We're now buying another vacuum (as this basically doesn't function as a vacuum) after dropping €400 on this about a year ago. I would stay away!!

In addition, we had a dyson before this one (an upright one) and it was amazing, loved it and hence we were so enamored with getting another Dyson, this is nowhere near the same level.
Contact dyson and get it serviced under warranty maybe
Thanks from:
06-05-2020, 22:45   #11
Ste05

Send a message via MSN to Ste05
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaRentBoy View Post
Yeah iv'e heard similar about these vacuums before. They just don't do as good a job as a proper corded vacuum. That said if you are in the market for one of these this is a decent bargain.
Just for clarity I was referring to the Big Ball Vacuum, I haven't used the cordless one, if it on it's own is worth €330 maybe, but I wouldn't go near this TBH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene
Contact dyson and get it serviced under warranty maybe
We did, they took it back and we received it back from them with no improvement. Warranty was effectively worthless, as the "Service/Repair" did nothing to improve the performance, it's just not a good product.

I wouldn't go near it
Thanks from:
06-05-2020, 23:54   #12
TheSheriff

Thanks OP!! Just ordered. Was on the lookout for a Dyson. 1st One!
07-05-2020, 09:44   #13
Soarer

To me, Dyson is about practicality and ease of use.

If you have to plug it in and drag it around the place, you're as well off getting a cheaper alternative. IMO.
07-05-2020, 10:14   #14
thebiglad

Ordered yesterday, already delivered - not bad considering the situation we are in with most places as far as deliveries go!
07-05-2020, 11:48   #15
paddym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglad View Post
Ordered yesterday, already delivered - not bad considering the situation we are in with most places as far as deliveries go!
Mine were also delivered today. I'll get to try them when I get home from work this evening. Hope I have more joy than Ste05 seems to have had.....

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion