Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

• 14-06-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

It's out on July 27th in the US, who's gonna be importing? Playing it without weird low res backgrounds is gonna be good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Waiting for PAL release in October myself.

That's if I'm not too busy playing Melty Blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

Any reason for waiting for the PAL release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So that they'll continue to release in Europe.

No sales in this region means no games in this region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Melty Blood is better thats why :pac:

Might import, were not waiting a year this time, but could do with the practice.

I think they're both good, probably prefer BlazBlue to Melty though.

• Advertisement

Plus to play the latest Melty Blood you need either a Japanese or modded PS2.

A lot easier to get people to play a game that is easily obtained.

There's also PCSX2, but that's emulation so it's not perfect.
    I really wish MB had been published over here though. :(

There's plenty of ways to play it on PS2 though. And loads of different options that don't involve soldering.

So that they'll continue to release in Europe.

No sales in this region means no games in this region.

I'd probably buy it on 360 when it comes out here and import for PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

DLC Characters for CS it seems.
    Famitsu reveal Makoto and V-13
    177374-makoto2edit.jpg

Makoto pushing the bounds on how little clothes a character can wear. Good stuff Arc System.

DLC characters would have been grand had they not been announced before the game was out in Japan. Hate that ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

OMG Squirrel! fapfapfapfapfapfap

Also bringing Nu back is curious. I thought Lambda was supposed to play exactly like her, with Nu most likely dead in canon (haven't seen all the endings but final bosses usually don't survive).

Official character art:
    aaf1f02738149b5ecc9d519584c9c9d0-2.jpg

I bet Sairus is real happy.
    The furry.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I bet Sairus is real happy.
    The furry.
    I have been preemptively fapping since I first saw her in Trigger.
    Also bringing Nu back is curious. I thought Lambda was supposed to play exactly like her, with Nu most likely dead in canon (haven't seen all the endings but final bosses usually don't survive).
    Lamda plays pretty differently from what I've heard. More close range. I assume it's a Ken/Ryu scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sairus wrote: »
    Makoto pushing the bounds on how little clothes a character can wear

Ever play DOA? :pac:

Everyone's favourite squirrel girl has been priced - 560 MS Points (in Japan at least). Which converts to about €6.50.
    The pack includes Makoto’s unlimited form, colours, tutorial, and challenge content.

I assume V-13 will be similarly priced, but apperantly she's an unlockable character anyway. Buying the DLC simply unlocks her immediatly.

€6.50 seems a little high for a single character considering the whole game will be about €50. Realistically I couldn't imagine a DLC character being released for less than a fiver though.

€50 in Japan, but I doubt it'll be much more than €40 in Europe.

Japanese media prices are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'm thinking about buying Calamity Trigger either before or after XGC this Saturday, just wondering, with CS out in October is it worth the purchase?

Also, are there any characters in particular for new players of the series?

Just pick who you feel comfortable with. I think the most 'normal' style characters are Jin, Ragna, Tager, and Bang.

Taokaka is decently straightforward too.
    I'd vote Ragna or Jin for easiest character to start with anyways. Definitely mess around with the full cast though- some of the most interesting and fun characters I've ever seen in a fighter are in that lineup.

Also, the game is €15 at the moment, I'd definitely recommend picking it up for that amount before CS in October. It'll give you some practice time before CS at the least =)

Do many people play CT online? Is it laggy? Think I might pop in to town and buy this tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i will also ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

GorySnake wrote: »
    Do many people play CT online? Is it laggy? Think I might pop in to town and buy this tomorrow.

It seemed fine to me. Generally find players fairly quick and no lag spikes. I don't know the game well enough to say if there was input delay or similar.

My connection is awful here in Cork, but I can play BlazBlue completely grand. Wether or not my opponents are feeling the same way is a different story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

Honestly, I'd recommend importing Continuum Shift. I have it pre-ordered for a grand total of 35 euro, including shipping etc. It'll probably cost more than that when it comes out here in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Did they make the 360 version region free this time?

Nope, unfortunately. 360 owners gotta wait till October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bah, useless ArkSys

Bah, useless ArkSys

Isn't it Microsoft that have implemented region locking?

I imagine developers would rather it be region free.

Sairus wrote: »
    Wether or not my opponents are feeling the same way is a different story though.

You weren't getting that? HurrrDurrrrr host advantage etc, etc. :pac:

• Advertisement

You weren't getting that? HurrrDurrrrr host advantage etc, etc.
    It was running like a dream for me! =D

Just bought CT, time to learn this crazy game.

What could be crazy about a game with combo lists like this?
    2a -> 5b -> 2b -> 6a (2) -> (j.a -> j.c) x 3 -> j.236b
    2a -> 5b > 6a -> j2d~b -> Taunt -> 214d -> j2d~b -> 5c -> 2d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb (2480)
    2a -> 5b -> 3c -> 5d~6 -> j.c -> (j.a -> j.c) x 2 -> j.236bbb
    2a -> 5b -> 3c > 5d~6 > j.c -> j236b -> j2d~b -> 5c > 2D~6 -> j.c -> 9d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb (2450)
    2a -> 5b -> 3c > 5d~6 -> (j.c -> j.d~6) x2 -> j.a -> j.c -> 8d -> air dash -> j.c -> j236bb -> j236bbbb (2350)
    2a -> 5b -> 3c -> 5d~6 -> (j.c -> j.d~6) x2 -> 5d~a -> 8d -> 8d~6 > j236bb -> j236bbbb (2302)
    2a -> 5b -> 3c -> 5d~b -> 5b -> 5c -> 2d~6 -> j.c > 8d~6 -> j236bb > j.c -> 9d~6 -> j.236bbbb (2242)

And Taokaka is supposed to be an easy combo character =(

Jump attacks mid-combo!? I've made a terrible mistake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GorySnake wrote: »
    Jump attacks mid-combo!? I've made a terrible mistake...

It's not that hard at all, you can jump cancel from a lot of moves, and there's a generous input buffer as well as all your combos (generally) being chains rather than links.

I read that post before I popped the game in and was just joking, able to do that first Taokaka combo, I'll look up stuff on the game to learn it first though.

Do combos usually do that little damage? Or is that a simple BnB for Tao?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if they're BnBs or what, I just copy/pasted the first batch of combos I could find online.
    I'm having fierce trouble with these yokes though. I've never properly played any game that requires combos of any sort. Rose and Vega aren't exactly famous for their combo potential in SFIV either. =)
    I will finally learn some of those fancy inputs in BlazBlue though.

Honestly, I'd recommend importing Continuum Shift. I have it pre-ordered for a grand total of 35 euro, including shipping etc. It'll probably cost more than that when it comes out here in October.

Where'd you order it?

LIFETRAP wrote: »
    Where'd you order it?

Axelmusic

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RustyXIV

I think I'll wait for a PAL release.

Apparently our version will have the DLC characters and costumes on disk and we get extra stuff before USA and Japan as incentive for the wait. :)

RustyXIV wrote: »
    Apparently our version will have the DLC characters and costumes on disk and we get extra stuff before USA and Japan as incentive for the wait. :)

I do recall hearing something like that. Do you have a link to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

A quick answer to the combo damage in BB; combo scaling goes by propagation factor per move, not number of moves in combo. For instance, in SSFIV, the longer the combo, the less damage each hit will do, irregardless if you set up off a jab or off a standing roundhouse. In BB, each hit AND the type of hit reduces damage differently.
    For instance, if you start a combo off a quick jab (any A attack) or some people specials (like tager's spark bolt) you get terrible propagation, so a 3k combo can be reduced to 2.4k or lower if it's started off 2-3 paired jabs to C instead of C on its own.

If you want instant damage payoffs with low combo chains, try Hakumen. He's got a unique meter system which builds over time to allow him to do his awesome specials, and his normals hit like a truck. If you learn him, the shift from beginner to beyond if quite gradual, as you learn to zone out people with air-dash C and proper D counter areas, not to mention some wicked sick corner traps.

>.>
    <.<
    and he's tager's best matchup at 5.5 in CT

You have to have very good awareness of your meter to play Hakumen effectively though, without meter to burn he literally has no special moves.

But yeah he does have a slower more SF-like playstyle than the rest of the cast.

It also helps if you can read your opponent to use his D counters & instant-block for quick meter build.

Plus he got BUFFED for CS.

Horrible low quality video of Makoto in action. There's a slightly better one here, but I cant embed it.

She looks prett fun. Extreme close range, but really quick. Those double image moves are pretty cool too.

The two other DLC characters have been revealed through disk hacking apperantly.
    The three way split personality Platinum Trinity and everyone's favourite werewolf butler Valkenhayn.

I really hope Platinum Trinity isn't fun to use... her design is atrocious.
    I mean, this is Arc Systems we're talking about, so it was only a matter of time before the ridiculously cute young girl characters showed up, but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Platinum is the reason I can no longer defend BB. I still like it, but I'm done trying to defend it to other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Platinia was a rejected character from Arcana heart 3.

No.

No.

No.

Goddammit Arc, you had a good run going there. Then just as you give us an awesome werewolf combat butler you go and drop a typical annoying cutesy magical girl.

All we can do is hope she's actually a parody and is a totally hardcore evil bitch. :pac:

So... what other fighting games ACTUALLY have annoying cutesty magical girls, then?

may-silly1.gifbridget.gif (It's a trap)

kofmi2-athena-asamiya.jpgtk5-ling-xiaoyu.jpg

While not all magical girls par se, they tick the required annoyingly cute and bubbly boxes.
    And as Xinkai pointed out, the entire Arcana Hearts series.
    2632832802_07c9599314.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement