Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall of Wrangler/Levis Jeans

Options
  • 16-11-2005 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Its't strange that only a few years ago people wore Wrangler/Levis Jeans.

Today, there is a bigger variety and people have not stuck with Wrangler/Levis Jeans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

as you said there's a lot more variety..makes sense really that the dwnfall has began in a way!! i buy jeans from places where i know they're a good fit, not cos of the brand name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

its great! pitty prices havnt fallen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

maybe if knackers didnt wear them..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I still wear Wranglers and Levis jeans. The fancier labels tend to be too narrow for my legs. I especially had difficulty finding cords to fit me, turned out Wrangler's cords looked the part and fitted me perfectly. I don't think there's anything knackerish about them.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wrangler had a great fitting jean a few years back. It was called 70's or something, and had a slightly flared leg, low waist and fitted me. Now I can't get them anymore! boo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

once u see the "W" on the arse its time to turn. ohhhh they gimme the creeps to see especially a boy wearing them...... red necks! they do absolutely nothing for a mans arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭iceman_2001_ie

I'm wearing Wranglers now, and my arse looks fantastic.

*sulks*

I think the present state of Wranglers/Levi's jeans is inherent in the title of the thread - jeans are entering the fall of their present popularity, obviously through declining numbers buying them as a result of more choice through chains producing their own, but, I think, more fundamentally, a desire for something other than denim.

Everybody wore jeans in the late ninties and early noughties (I hate that - what do you call the years up to 2010), but I am increasingly seeing men wearing more diverse styles of trousers. Despite the best efforts of chains to flog a massive range of torn/faded/aged jeans (to tap into the skate style market I personally think), I am seeing less and less people wearing them, and as a result, traditional brands are also suffering.

>>Toolach
    >>Its't strange that only a few years ago people wore Wrangler/Levis Jeans.
    >>Today, there is a bigger variety and people have not stuck with Wrangler/Levis Jeans.

Saying that, the traditional brands will not go away. The Levi's brand is one of the most familiar and respected brands in the world, and Wrangler are not far behind. There will always be a huge body of people who will buy the same style of jeans, from the same brand (or small collective of brands, including Lee, Lee Cooper etc etc), at the same shop, year in, year out. Its a safe, easy choice of clothing, not too radical, yet not conservative either.

>>dundalk cailin
    >>I buy jeans from places where i know they're a good fit, not cos of the brand name

There are few pieces of clothing that fit better and are more confortable than a well worn, good quality, pair of jeans... :D

DAEDULUS
    >>maybe if knackers didnt wear them..

You're a knacker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

iceman, you made me laugh there, sorry didnt mean anything bad towards your arse! im sure its fab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I love Levis jeans. Best jeans around imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Levi's are still well and truly around - they're pretty good at producing good quality versions of whatever is in fashion at the time. At the moment, they have a lot of skinny jeans for girls.

They're not cheap but the quality is pretty good; they don't lose their shape after a few washes or grow about three sizes and never shrink back like the bloody River Island jeans I wasted 80 on :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

all about the old navy baggy jeans for me... have a lovely pair of diesel for when i need something a bit narrower...

wrangler are a complete fashion no no if you're male and have any taste... it suggests a thick tanned hairy neck, a tight polo neck tucked into your trousers, a shiny belt buckle and a pair of shiny shoes, as well as a tendency to smoke major and think copperface jacks is a "top niteclub"

:puke:

levi's got badly burnt in the early ninties because that whole rock faded denim aesthetic was totally out of style what with dance music and everybody wearing combats etc for comfort and practicality... also, the ever expanding waistline of the american male meant that baggy jeans were always going to sell better... i used to have a lovely pair of levi's tracksuit bottoms [well they weren't really, but i don't know what else to call them] though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I wear mostly levi jeans at the moment - I'm trying to replace my faded blue 544's, but I can't find any shop in town selling them - does anyone know if they've discontinued that range?

Advertisement