Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding outfit?? Advice needed ppl

• 20-11-2005 10:29pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok my cousin is getting married on Friday and I have very little money to be spending on a new frock.. I was at my bfs mothers 60th last night and I wore a pair of Knee length black trousers and a black corset and he told me his (elderly) relatives commented on how well it looked on me.. So Im thinking I might just get the outfit dry cleaned and wear it to the wedding.. (I have a long tweed pink and cream coat that I can wear to the actual wedding so Im not worried about the church part... Just worried about the reception..

So my question is.. Is it ok to wear A) Something that doesnt look formal ie a suit or long dress.. and B) Black. to a wedding????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'd say definitely go for it, if you like it and feel good in it.. definitely. No problem wearing black, it's classy. It would be different if was a summer wedding..

I think you could also add a bit of colour and jazz it up using new accessories.. just a thought;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cork_girl wrote:
    I'd say definitely go for it, if you like it and feel good in it.. definitely. No problem wearing black, it's classy. It would be different if was a summer wedding..

I think you could also add a bit of colour and jazz it up using new accessories.. just a thought;)

Thank you :) Yeah I think ill get a nice choker or something to go with the corset... Cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

I was at a wedding a few weeks ago!.. A lot of people wore black including myself!.... It is so hard to get something to wear for a winter wedding!.. The outfit sounds nice.. I love those shorts!!!
    You could definatly funk it up with some jewellery alright.... Pink jewellery would look great with the pink jacket and everything!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

i was at a wedding recently, wore a salmony colour dress, it was pretty low cut, but was really nice, most people were dressed in dark clothes, but it would have looked way nicer if more poeple had bright clothes on them.
    Id opt for bright colours.. try Reiss ! thats where i got my dress , and was surprisingly cheap too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

xzanti wrote:

So my question is.. Is it ok to wear A) Something that doesnt look formal ie a suit or long dress.. and B) Black. to a wedding????

Guess what! I'm going to my cousins weddin this Friday too!!

I couldn't find anything decent to wear on no money so I have a dark turquoise halter neck, and black pants I got in dunnes (for 15 euro :o ) My sister is wearing something similar so yeah what you're describing sounds great.

I had a white corset I wanted to wear but was told ya shouldn't wear white at someone elses wedding!!

Above all, be comfortable in what you're wearing! Weddings are a long day to be figeting

• Advertisement
Advertisement