Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any boxers out there?

Options
  • 24-07-2005 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

If your a boxer post it and name your club!
    Theres gonna be alot of wafflers on here who'll say they box so they look hard and if your one of them **** off!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

not boxing anymore i found better, but i had a good few amateur fights... and not just thai fights all the way :p

first fight was at welter weight.. not im middle weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

^what club????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

st georges in belfast in the markets area

where you training? weight fights etc etc

paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

kanibus wrote:
    Theres gonna be alot of wafflers on here who'll say they box so they look hard and if your one of them **** off!

I think were more modest than you give us credit for ;)

I'm not a boxer though...*tip toes back out of the thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

i used to train a few years ago in bay city in Kilbarrack im going back next month although i wouldnt call myself a boxer i just do it for the training never really went further than sparring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

someone in the Martial Arts forum a few months ago said something along the lines, he was about 25 and tried to join a boxing club but he kept getting refused cause they were saying he was too old and couldn't be taught etc. harsh. is that typical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

someone in the Martial Arts forum a few months ago said something along the lines, he was about 25 and tried to join a boxing club but he kept getting refused cause they were saying he was too old and couldn't be taught etc. harsh. is that typical?
    Sounds like waffle to me. I've NEVER heard of a club that didn't welcome new members with open arms. Sure why would they? At worst, he'd learn a bit of boxing and be able to spar some of the yournger lads. Maybe he was asked not to come back cos he'd a bad attitude or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I'd be very surprised myself if that happened. You always get some lads in your club & you know quite well that they are not really cut out for boxing but it doesn't mean that you just turf them out...... some of these lads go on to become great coaches or committee members & are essential to clubs. And its very funny because its these types of lads that are usually 1st to arrive outside the door waiting for the club to open. The doors of good boxing clubs/gyms are always open to anybody.

Its like in the pro game, boxers would find it very hard to survive without Journey men, that is why they get so much respect from boxers, coaches, promoters etc because they are also essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

my club is under the tyson pic

Advertisement