Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time to say sorry to travellers and give them a few quid for past wrongs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Maybe, just maybe, we should have a proper look at what's the cure to this us and them attitude (that's there on both sides), cos it doesn't do anybody any good...
    Largely its economic (or socio economic) but the creation of an "underclass,"Wether in a halting site or a" sink estate" is a good way to start a blame game...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

It's scary the hatred so called Irish people have for the original indigenous Irish people (Travellers) , whose land was robbed off them by the "Irish" settlers, who now make racist taunts about the proper original Irish people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

high_king wrote: »
    It's scary the hatred so called Irish people have for the original indigenous Irish people (Travellers) , whose land was robbed off them by the "Irish" settlers, who now make racist taunts about the proper original Irish people.
    Who gives a fnck about whose family stretches back further in the same geographical location?

Who gives a fnck about whose family stretches back further in the same geographical location?

Stop Speaking you Racist.

Stop Speaking you Racist.
    Oh right; irony.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Just reading suicide rate among travelers is 7 times that of the normal rate.

That’s really shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

That’s really shocking.

Yeah, their culture isnt just detrimental to settled people

Yeah, their culture isnt just detrimental to settled people

I’m not sure what their culture has to do with it. I’m sure it has to some degree but it speaks more to the lack of access they all have that we take for granted.

I don’t know. That’s a really sad shocking statistic though

I’m not sure what their culture has to do with it. I’m sure it has to some degree but it speaks more to the lack of access they all have that we take for granted.

I don’t know. That’s a really sad shocking statistic though

They have access to everything we do, they either by active choice or pressure from their own community choose to not access services. The problem is one their culture created and one only they can solve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

That’s really shocking.

If you are gay, wanting a education, professional career or you act anyway different you get crushed back down

For all the talk of tolerance the traveller community can be homophobic themselves

• Advertisement

mikemac2 wrote: »
    If you are gay, wanting a education, professional career or you act anyway different you get crushed back down

For all the talk of tolerance the traveller community can be homophobic themselves

I’m definitely aware that you just can’t be gay within that community. That probably makes up a lot of those suicides. I’ve heard a few stories from gay traveller lads that would break your heart.

I’m definitely aware that you just can’t be gay within that community. That probably makes up a lot of those suicides. I’ve heard a few stories from gay traveller lads that would break your heart.
    incest is grand though

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Pmacv1

incest is grand though

The best!

There was one in our area who raped several younger less stronger traveller lads then hung himself when the net eventually closed in.

Jaysis lads do you have this dim a view on everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

parody?

parody?

Can’t figure it out either tbh

Jaysis lads do you have this dim a view on everyone?

No, just facts and reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

“What happened to nathan could happen to anyone” “acciddnts happen”
    Jesus christ.

Im struggling to think of reasons we shouldnt just put them all on spike island and forget about them

They are oblivious to consequences. Look at that sulky race on the road that was in either Newport or Mallow. Didn't give a fook.

So is this facts and reality?

Quote: high_king

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

king, no.

high, yes.

So is this facts and reality?

Quote: high_king
    king, no.

high, yes.
    You're fooling nobody. Pack it in.

You mean I'm the one that's not been fooled.

Completely nonsensical retort but I’ll bite. Who’s trying to fool you?
    Or who are you presumably saying is fooling everyone else?

Completely nonsensical retort but I’ll bite. Who’s trying to fool you?
    Or who are you presumably saying is fooling everyone else?

If you can't work it out for yourself, I can't help you.

Your posting history tells the tale.
    You’ve a problem with just about everyone.
    How’s that working out for you?

Your posting history tells the tale.
    You’ve a problem with just about everyone.
    How’s that working out for you?

Very good actually, as the truth is only a problem for those who don't like it.

I don’t really get that. I don’t see the point in railing online against immigration or climate changers or in this case travelers.

I mean what does it really achieve? Apart from just looking like angry internet person

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Pmacv1

If travellers could just behave no one would hate them. They don't have to work or pay tax, they can keep their traditional incest and faction fighting, just stop ****ing preying on Irish people.

This. I don't even care that they're all on massive benefits. I'd double pikeys dole it meant they'd stop stealing from actual people.

Pmacv1 wrote: »
    This. I don't even care that they're all on massive benefits. I'd double pikeys dole it meant they'd stop stealing from actual people.

kinda like protection money, good job der boss, you're right, i'd would have looked after yer house for ye when yere out and provided some security on it , but you are not paying me enough dole boss. I'm actual people too boss.

• Advertisement

I don’t really get that. I don’t see the point in railing online against immigration or climate changers or in this case travelers.

I mean what does it really achieve? Apart from just looking like angry internet person

The government steals pur money and gives it out to problem groups and we shouldnt discuss it in a discussion forum. Like it or not travellers have a direct impact on all of us , a negative one. From increased insurance rates to taking up garda time, filling the prison system and the courts system , even if one doesnt directly steal from you or violently assault you , they are costing every single one of us money every day.

Advertisement