Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the Santa Strike Force I've been hearing about?

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Since I started in Boards.ie, I've heard about the Santa Strike Force but had no idea really what it was - I'm still a newbie after all. So I got DeVore, one of the top people behind it to tell me a bit more.

What is Santa Strike Force?

Santa Strike for is a charitable drive to provide entertainment and quality-of-life improving items to childrens charities at christmas. 100% of the money raised is converted to these items.

These items are delivered around Christmas time, often to completely surprised charities (we get insider information about what they need and want).

Where did the idea come from?

It came from Penny-Arcade's highly successful Child's Play Drive.

How long has it been running for?

This is its 5th year!

How many people are involved?

Hard to say exactly, its a bit like Fight Club in that people decide their own level of involvement. suffice it to say that I'm never short of volunteers.

There is a core of 3-4 people who arrange things at the peak time of Christmas. I manage all the finances myself but I get the others to check my accounts for transparency.

Who has it benefitted/does it benefit?

We've hit a lot of well known charities from Barretstown to the Butterfly kids of DEBRA Ireland. All the major childrens hospitals have been hit along with hospitals and charities outside of Dublin and as far afield as Jamaica and Romania.

How much money are you hoping to raise?

Five years ago the idea was to raise enough for an xbox and maybe a TV to go with it. We ended up with a handful of xboxes, a few playstations, several TV's and a van full of toys. Last year we raised 10,000 euros about, but each year it's different.

How can people get involved?

Most important thing you can do is to donate. We used to put up lists on Amazon but that simply overloaded us with deliveries hahaha! Now it's easier for us to take the money and bulk buy the toys and items and deliver them the same day.

so, buy the Photography book or go to the Comedy Night or play in the Airsoft game or just hit up Paypal and donate a few bob from your account or credit card. Every cent is converted to toys and delivered, all time, energy and costs are donated or volunteered.

Bank account details are as follows:

Tom Murphy/Santa Strike Force
    Bank Of Ireland, St Stephens Green, Dublin 2
    Account Number: 65748028; Sort Code: 900084

Where can people find out more?

Best place to ask questions or read our FAQ is the Santa Strike Force Forum.

A big thanks by the way to everyone who has helped out with ideas and feedback over the years and here's hoping this year's one is bigger and better!

Advertisement