Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway market on until Christmas Eve

Options
  • 22-12-2008 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Just to let you all know that Galway Market will be running this week until Christmas Eve. Happy shopping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Is it all xmas wares gb?

How does it look, would it be worth dragging the camera down or is it just like the normal market?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It's like the normal market but there are extra stalls and ones that are only there at this time of year. Some Christmassy stuff.

Have you ever photographed the market before? I did a few times, some of the stall holders are pretty antsy about having their photo taken. Hmmm.

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is it all xmas wares gb?
    How does it look, would it be worth dragging the camera down or is it just like the normal market?

Are you a community warden?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Are you a community warden?

no?

Hmm, why the desire to capture photos of the market stalls then?
    (just curious!)

• Advertisement

Well if it was all christmasy with nice lights and stuff it might have made for some nice photos, was at a christmas fair in switzerland before and all the stalls were decorated pretty festively etc.

I'm a shutterbug... see sig :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There's some great stuff.

Ask nicely, I'd say a photo is grand, maybe leave out faces. Most people should deffo have a license, but maybe the dole office might be hounding some p/t nixers ;). Most people there at the mo are regulars or semi-regulars and it is good to give 'em support.

Well if it was all christmasy with nice lights and stuff it might have made for some nice photos, was at a christmas fair in switzerland before and all the stalls were decorated pretty festively etc.
    I'm a shutterbug... see sig :pac:

Oh, a budding photographer! Did not notice that.
    I don't think people enjoy having their photo taken randomly without approval..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They pitch it as a tourist attraction , tourists take photos .

If you object to tourists taking photos then get yourself a dole nixer somewhere else :p

snubbleste wrote: »
    Oh, a budding photographer! Did not notice that.
    I don't think people enjoy having their photo taken randomly without approval..

I wouldn't be after the people, but it sounds like it's not what I was thinking it was, so I won't bother with it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Nah it's nothing like the ones in central europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Still pretty damn cool though.

I love walking down there, just looking at the various things and smelling the incense and crusties. Great stuff for sale aswell, homemade candles cheap as chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

New user name : RedhairedGAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

I wouldn't be after the people, but it sounds like it's not what I was thinking it was, so I won't bother with it...

without wonderful people such as yourself there wouldnt be a whole image log in google etc, that everyone uses for lots of different reasons

it is your civil right too be able too take photos in any public place,
    as long as its legit, come on take some photos, dont listen too the bah humbugs and the people who shouldnt be claiming something,, thats there bloody look out!!!

happy christmas too everyone xx claire

All dole nixers/license dodgers/food standard dodgers/illegals are now donning santa beards for tomorrow, so you should be grand op! :P

There are deadly photo opps there, and a ton of characters who work the market. A lot of people leave by 12 tho, be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Just to let you all know that Galway Market will be running this week until Christmas Eve. Happy shopping

which market is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

which market is this?

the one you haven't been to.

which market is this?
    The 'Saturday' Market, alongside St Nicholas' Church in the middle of town. Stretches around onto Market St.

Advertisement