Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25x spindle of 16x DVD-R's for under €30

Options
  • 24-04-2005 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

Jessops just by the Molly Malone at the bottom of Grafton St. have spindle/cake boxes of 16x DVD-R's for €29.95 (or something like that).

It's a budget brand obviously and I haven't tried them (didn't have the spare cash at the time), think they were called best buy or 'best' something with a .com & .co.uk web address (wish I had a camera phone!) but they looked okay.

I've seena few places doing DVD+/- R's for under €25, but it's the first time I've seen faster than 4x for under €30. Actually it's the first time I've seen 16x's at all in a shop!

Has anyone actually tried them yet?

WOuld be nice to see how fast my new 16x burner actually is. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i would stick with ritec personally, 4+gb of data is alot to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 14,548 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

16x discs are a scam
    No Dvd Writer can maintain a burn at 16x,it only reaches that speed for a short time.
    I've used a few 16x discs and the difference in time between a 16x and an 8x is marginal.
    I bought 25 16x discs off SVP for €12 so €30 is a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

fairynuff.

seemed like a good idea at the time.

speed might well depend on the drive as much as the discs anyway I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

im sure you meant well dude .but them 16x are not great.
    i lost a few testing them out a while ago
    id stick to g05 riteks 8 x max.
    you dont need to burn that fast anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

A good spot for cheep discs is just media. They are in Finglas facing Permanent TSB 100 DVD-R 8x-Ritec printable 38 euro.. Very good on ink as well Epson R300 set of 6 colours 25 euro.. Best prices I've found yet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

wow that is cheap printable esp... i may be taking a little trip out there so.. cheers for the info...r these g04/5 dye?

Epson R300 set of 6 colours 25 euro.. Best prices I've found yet!!!
    You can get a set for under 9 euro here
    http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/Epson_R200_300_500.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

mobile04 wrote:
    wow that is cheap printable esp... i may be taking a little trip out there so.. cheers for the info...r these g04/5 dye?
    well worth the trip.. btw he promises to replace the full spindle of discs if you have trouble with any of them..

Its £5.89 for a set .
    Thats less than 9 Euro n'est pas ?

Advertisement