Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to park my motorcycle overnight in ....

Options
  • 17-09-2019 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

I thought it might be useful to have a thread with recommendations on where to park overnight in different towns. It's probably not that difficult a thing to sort out, but I'm always worrying if I'm away for the weekend about my bike being parked securely.

Probably should have started this thread at the start of summer, but I'll start with :

Killarney
    Scott's Hotel Car Park

Technically a public car park, it's free for guests of the hotel, and seems to be only used by guests of the hotel as the Town Car Park is right next door. It's underground, so your bike is safe from the weather. It has CCTV and the hotel has 24 hour security, so it's unlikely anyone will be messing with your bike. It's not huge, but even if every car space was taken, there's plenty of corners to stick a bike in.
    The hotel itself is nice. Comfortable, clean rooms. There's a big bar, and they show sports events on the big screen in the courtyard. I didn't check out the residents' bar, so I've no idea how late they serve. The hot buffet breakfast was nice too.
    The location is pretty central too. It's near the bus/train station and a three minute walk to the Main Street.

Kenmare
    The Lansdowne Arms Hotel

This car park is smaller and not underground. The hotel advised us that the car park can be quite busy, but we'd surely find a corner for our bikes. Both turned out to be true, but we got there early enough that we were able to park at the side under an overhang that kept the overnight rain off our bikes.
    It was long enough ago that I can't remember much about the hotel itself. Clean, comfortable, cramped, iirc.
    The location is again, central. Kenmare's not a big town, but I don't recall seeing any taxis around.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Can’t advise on where is best to park I would advise where not to park. The car park across from Burger King, in or around the presentation convent or the outlet centre and lastly by the cinema, I did park in the Gleneagle car park before, the one by the hotel entrance and not the adjacent overflow car park.

Advertisement