Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nujazz anyone like it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kotva

dasdog wrote: »
    If we are taking about the same thing we called it Acid Jazz in the 1990's but perhaps that had more of a soul influence. It was always a nice break from the techno scene to go and see live musicians (James Taylor Quartet, Snowboy, Corduroy etc). Interesting to see the Japanese influence. I just found some tracks from a Japanese compiliation album I havent heard in 15 years (Brownswood Workshop, Multidirectional):

Kyoto Jazz Massive - Rising Sun

Nobukazu Takemura - Elm

Probably you've got right, I was heared that kind of music for a first time about 8-10 years ago. It has a soul (hip-hop sometimes) infuence.
    I was show here more "classic" version, couse I was afraid of laugh:D,
    but could post some more freek if you want lads;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kotva

Nujazz and broken beats

Desney Bailey and Jazzanova
    [/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I dislike the nu-jazz label. Roy Hargrove has, through the RH Factor and The Roy Hargrove Quintet, been hailed as one of its leading lights but thankfully he changed direction with his last album which was done with the Roy Hargrove Big Band.

From The Roy Hargrove Quintet album Earfood.

Advertisement