Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for good but cheap Half Life headset?

Options
  • 22-11-2019 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

super excited at the news of a new Half Life VR game. Haven't had a headset yet and i want to get a good one but realistically I can not afford the top of the range.

What headset would still maintain good quality visuals/comfort etc without breaking the bank? Also is it simply 2 controllers and a headset is all i need? What about these extra sensors that I read about? Sorry for being naive.

Thanks a lot guys! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Got sorted. Asked on reddit instead. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

-Vega- wrote: »
    Got sorted. Asked on reddit instead. Thanks

What were you told?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Another edit. Didn't mention the head set I picked. It's Samsung oddyssey x. For a beginners foray in to VR it is amazing value. Sure it's no Vive/Index/Occulus but the resolution and the quality is still very high.

Currently on sale and works out at 310 euro to buy from the states. This comes with controllers that are already paired to the headset so again for beginners its a really easy installation.

There are loads of other comments but generally its a favorable review by people who have it or have owned it in the past. It's perfect for me for trying Skyrim and Half life etc.

I'll upgrade down the line if I get really in to it, and because its 900 euros on UK amazon at the moment, I dont think Ill lose a lot of money if I sell it on adverts/donedeal in a few months. ( hopefully )

Ordered it, due on Thursday :)

Edit: Sorry for no specification information, I didnt really chase up that line of enquiry. My question was more along the lines of ''Will i be disappointed if I get this" type thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

€399 in the BF sales from Oculus Europe for a Rift S with 2 year european warranty. Just sayin'. Controllers for WMR HMD's like the Samsung arent great and tracking of the controllers on the WMR platform is poor compared to Rift S or Index. The Samsung only has 2 front facing tracking cameras versus the Rift S 5 whch track the controllers well unless you hold them behind your back.

If you can cancel the Samsung order I would.

Advertisement