Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creme eggs - 4 for €1 at Dunne's!!!

• 02-04-2018 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Sorry if late with this one, but I'm a devil for a creme egg...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Subtle wrote: »
    Sorry if late with this one, but I'm a devil for a creme egg...

Yihewwwww!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is this 4 loose creme eggs? They come in 5 packs now.

Just seems odd if it is loose ones as they are not easily scanned.

Which dunnes was it, as it might not be in all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

rubadub wrote: »
    Is this 4 loose creme eggs? They come in 5 packs now.

Just seems odd if it is loose ones as they are not easily scanned.

Which dunnes was it, as it might not be in all of them.

5 packs are normally €2.50 best case...
    Offer is on individual eggs which would otherwise be approx 0.85 each - absolute bargain then.

Don't know if it's all stores or not but would imagine it is. Check for yourself I guess...

5 packs are normally €2.50 best case...
    Offer is on individual eggs which would otherwise be approx 0.85 each - absolute bargain then.
    yes, great bargain, I was just hoping it might have been packs.

I cleaned up on the 1euro eggs, 1 creme egg and about 100g chocolate for a euro.
    Don't know if it's all stores or not but would imagine it is. Check for yourself I guess...
    Which is your one though?

Mine (cornelscourt) is a bit out of the way for me so I would only go if I knew it was on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Wasn't on offer in the dunnes in was in today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

Mine (cornelscourt) is a bit out of the way for me so I would only go if I knew it was on.

Mine isn't cornelscourt but they were all sold out of them by this evening anyway... :)

Edit: Cadbury officially only make the creme egg available until Easter Sunday so that could be behind the shops trying to sell them off quickly.

Edit: Cadbury officially only make the creme egg available until Easter Sunday so that could be behind the shops trying to sell them off quickly.
    yes I think this is the case. They might have some agreement and possibly reimbursed.

They can turn up in 2euro shops really cheap after easter, who do not give a damn about manufacturers wishes like these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just bear in mind the eggs are a whopping 66% sugar.

Zardoz wrote: »

yes, cadburys are snakes in the grass for making people think they are made from brussel sprouts.

Each has 26.5g of sugar.

Same as 160ml of grape juice, or just under a half pint of apple juice. Or a pint of skim milk. (though those are not added sugar). Not really a shocking amount at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tesco have the 5 pack @ €1.25, Dunnes have the 5 pack @ €1.50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

What did you think sweets are made from exactly ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭xpletiv

So is the other 34% the cocoa or is the wrapper included in that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Just realised I didn’t eat a creme egg at all this year. Love creme egg McFlurrys too. I’m going shopping for creme egg bargains first thing tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Bob_Marley wrote:
    What did you think sweets are made from exactly ?

Let's be honest these are particularly riddled with sugar in comparison to other chocolate

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Let's be honest these are particularly riddled with sugar in comparison to other chocolate

what chocolate? a dairy milk standard bar, bounty, mars, pack of rolos all have more sugar. The only one I checked that didn't was a snickers.

It is an egg shell filled with sugar fondant, incredibly rich & sweet. I am surprised it has so little sugar, thought it would have been more than those bars. I think the % sugar in them was less in all the bars, but not by much. Creme eggs have actually increased in size to 40g. Most bars are around 50 these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Also the Malteaser bunnies were 5 for €1 in the Dunnes I was in yesterday (Clondalkin) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Great bargain OP

Why people always post things like this I'll never understand. Everyone is well aware that creme eggs aren't a health food. It would be like reminding people that an Xbox game isn't real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

NDWC wrote:
    Why people always post things like this I'll never understand. Everyone is well aware that creme eggs aren't a health food. It would be like reminding people that an Xbox game isn't real life.

What! Not a health food! Ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Xbox isn't real??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Are these the creme eggs that people pawed through looking for the white chocolate one? I'll pass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Twelve-packs €3 in my local Dunnes this evening, as well as the loose ones for 25c and five-packs for €1.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

jimmynokia wrote: »

Yeah lets be HONEST - since when was a cream egg a solid chocolate egg ?
    It's chocolate egg shell filled inside with fondant

Get a life. If you don't like them don't buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Just had a Cadbury'creme egg, cost me 80cent from Gala, must get to Dunne's fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

yes, cadburys are snakes in the grass for making people think they are made from brussel sprouts.

Each has 26.5g of sugar.

Same as 160ml of grape juice, or just under a half pint of apple juice. Or a pint of skim milk. (though those are not added sugar). Not really a shocking amount at all.

Each Cadbury Creme Egg contains 26 grams of sugar, which is about six teaspoons.
    Current UK government guidelines recommend that adults have no more than 30 grams (or seven teaspoons) of sugar per day, children aged seven to 10 no more than 24 grams (six teaspoons) and children aged four to six no more than 19 grams (five teaspoons).

So one of those eggs is basically most peoples daily allowance of sugar .

Your comparison with milk ,grape juice or apple juice is utter nonsense.
    Milk, plain yogurt, and other unsweetened dairy products contain the naturally-occurring sugar lactose, while fruit contains fructose. These sugars shouldn't be confused with added sugars like in your Cadburys Creme egg.
    Unlike added sugars, which contribute plenty of calories but zero nutritional value, the natural sugars in dairy and fruit are part of a nutrient-dense package, so they aren't something you need to worry about limiting in your diet.

Fruit provides vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which incidentally helps to slow down your body's absorption of sugar.

Regular milk and plain yogurt don't contain any added sugar.

Dont get me wrong I like Creme eggs but they are lethal in sugar content .

Your comparison with milk ,grape juice or apple juice is utter nonsense.
    Plenty of dentists, doctors and nutritionists would disagree about fruit juices, lots of dentists would consider fruit juices to be even worse due to the acidity. Very little nutritional value in them too. There was plenty of backlash about them being excluded from the "sugar tax"

Creme eggs but they are lethal in sugar content
    hahaha, now THAT is utter FUCKING nonsense!!!! sweet fcuking jesus, what utter BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm getting a headache from listening to this so I think it's time to shut this thread. If you want to continue the sugar chat, there's a health forum around here somewhere....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement