Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most overrated films, reviewers pulling the wool over your eyes.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

Shabadu wrote:
    Aren't we all forgetting something? Titanic
    i cried buckets at it.........

CAUSE IT WAS SO FCUKING BORING.
    ONLY FOR THE MISSUS DRAGED ME TOO SEE IT ID WANT MY MONEY BACK AND COMPENSATION FOR THE EMOTIONAL SCARS IT LEFT ME WITH

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Napoleon Dynamite - an art student's class project gone wrong. It's not even funny when you're stoned.
    Reservoir Dogs - It's an okay B movie, no more, how Tarantino is so highly acclaimed for this is beyond me.
    Heat - A cast that's a director's wet-dream and the end result is decidedly average.
    Doctor Zhivago - nice shot but it drags a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Titanic won a zillion oscars- it was highly rated when it first came out. Sailorboy- your sig is far too big see signature rules in newbies/faq or face the wrath of SIGPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DisneyXFan

For me I have to go with Frozen. Last year it was ALL about this movie and the song has been in the charts for so long, its really starting to annoy me. I do like Frozen don't get me wrong it was a good flick, but personally tangled was the better film, as it had a better story that was well structured and the songs weren't as broadway-styled compare to frozen.
    As the song says LET IT GO already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Anchorman 2.

Moving them the cast out of San Diego and the 70's was a mistake.
    The first film had this great nostalgic warm look to it, the next one was drapped in orange and teal.

Those are strange things to talk about with a comedy besides the jokes which were trying to more overtly funny and felt not so much.

TDKR

They kill the momentum by placing it 7 years later, I heard rumours intially that it would pick up 5 minutes (literally) after the end of The Dark Knight with Batman being hunted on the night Harvey Dent was killed with no backup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Weak thread, it's all too easy to just accuse others with differing opinions of being pretentious and/or having the wool pulled over their eyes when you don't like something. We should talk about the work itself instead of doing the ad-hominem thing and playing the man not the ball.

What the hell did people see in Crash and Slumdog Millionaire though? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Drive was one of the worst films i ever sat through, can't understand how its so highly acclaimed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

This thread is ooold.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

American hustle (shocking bad)
    inherent vice (shocking bad)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

American Hustle was a disgrace
    Lord of ther rings 1,2,3 all too long and boring(same as the books really)will not watch the hobbit
    The Dark Night returns was ok,just half hour too long
    ****ing Gravity!!!
    The Guard,God help us all
    But the gong goes too..
    Blade runner....
    Runs away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

No Country for Old Men. (a boring film that goes nowhere slowly).
    Her (a movie about a wanker that's admired by shut-ins).

Those two were diabolical wastes of celluloid. This years prize for overhype goes to Whiplash. It is a good film and doesn't belong in the same category as the above two but it is not the best movie of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

This thread should be locked and deleted on the basis that 9 years ago someone decided that adding the Godfather to the list of over rated films was a good idea.

Also, on the basis the Anchor Man 2 (a genuine contender for worst movie ever and pretty much universally panned by the critics) should feature on the list. No one rated it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Was briefly mentioned, but I would go with Avatar.

Never got the hype. Visually, it looks great, no doubting that (especially if you seen it in 3D I'm sure, which I didn't).

Storyline was p*ss poor and had been done before (Dances with Wolves, The Last Samurai etc)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement