Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea Outdoor furniture set

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Wood or metal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Etnies wrote: »
    Wood or metal?

Plastic as far as I can see online, it's not showing up on ikea's site but on some buy and sell sites in Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

They don't look flat pack. Anyone confirm?

Pique wrote: »
    They don't look flat pack. Anyone confirm?

Surely that's the box it comes in in the picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭go4it

@off topic : there's only 10 days left to use the 20 euro voucher (in case you bought a Christmas tree from Ikea back on december )

This year you could use the voucher only from end of february onwards ( cheap trick from Ikea marketing dep. , hoping that customers will forget about the voucher... )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Saw these in Ikea last week - definitely plastic and pretty comfortable too - having said that I only sat in the one with the cushions which I'm assuming costs extra.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

digitaldr wrote: »
    Saw these in Ikea last week - definitely plastic and pretty comfortable too - having said that I only sat in the one with the cushions which I'm assuming costs extra.

According to the tweet posted in the OP cushions included.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,310 ✭✭✭✭ted1

go4it wrote: »
    @off topic : there's only 10 days left to use the 20 euro voucher (in case you bought a Christmas tree from Ikea back on december )

This year you could use the voucher only from end of february onwards ( cheap trick from Ikea marketing dep. , hoping that customers will forget about the voucher... )
    Not really , I’d say it’s more avoiding the January sale. And getting people in when’s it quiet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You couldn't use he voucher in January last year either.

Don't see how giving a 20 voucher with a 30 purchase is a cheap trick. All these types of vouchers have various stipulations.

I got a wok

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭go4it

Weepsie wrote: »
    You couldn't use he voucher in January last year either.

Don't see how giving a 20 voucher with a 30 purchase is a cheap trick. All these types of vouchers have various stipulations.

I got a wok

The trick is : postpone as much as possible the redeem period of the vouchers , to increase the chance of not being redeemed ( people forget about it, or misplace the vouchers )

ps: last year you could redeem them after 25 jan or so, just after the 'january sale' / this year they added another month to the gap, towards end of february .

That being said, the're not the worst bunch in this regard ; hardly normal and other 'high street' retailers are more 'inventive' ; and i personally didn't mind paying 30 quid for a Christmas tree , just to avoid the haggle with some local entrepreneurs that make the tree prices based on your looks and car brand..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

go4it wrote: »
    The trick is : postpone as much as possible the redeem period of the vouchers , to increase the chance of not being redeemed ( people forget about it, or misplace the vouchers )

ps: last year you could redeem them after 25 jan or so, just after the 'january sale' / this year they added another month to the gap, towards end of february .

That being said, the're not the worst bunch in this regard ; hardly normal and other 'high street' retailers are more 'inventive' ; and i personally didn't mind paying 30 quid for a Christmas tree , just to avoid the haggle with some local entrepreneurs that make the tree prices based on your looks and car brand..

Tbh the reason retailers hand these out is to get people back in to the shop. Most retailers if they have your email will send you a reminder in order to use them. They build loyalty and they drive footfall.

Tbf though I had forgotten about mine aswell so this BA will get me some good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Keter made in Israel, in case anyone has moral objections to buying from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Wonder is there any good deals on non-plastic options in this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭magicray

I bought this set last year, it does come with the cushions

Its white plastic but is quite hardwearing, I thought it was a bargain anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Wildcard7

magicray wrote: »

Our current wooden furniture is about to fall apart, and this looks like a good replacement (apart from the table, would need to get something else for that). I'm looking for something that can be left outside in any weather and doesn't suffer too much from it.

So you're happy with it? Do you reckon the package would fit in an SUV type car?

We fit it into an Avensis estate - I reckon it will fit ok
    It comes flatpack so you could take it out the box if need be

We took ours in for Storm Ophelia as its quite light and I was afraid it would blow away but otherwise all you need to do is take the cushions in - they are not waterproof

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sinbad311

Anyone know the name or part number of this set? Csnt seem to find online. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Same price?

Not directly related to this bargain, but along similar lines; would anyone know where you can get a half decent plastic table?

Tesco sold black plastic chairs last year for about €25 each (but then they dropped to about €11 as the summer was ending, and i pounced and got some). But I can't find a decent plastic table anywhere. All i can find online are small tiny ones, or the cheap kinda stuff the Dudley Boyz would put you through.

As an aside, for anyone interested in plastic furniture, i recommend it. I'd be the kind to leave my furniture out all year round, and i had wooden stuff that lasted a year before it looked like it was on it's deathbed. Nothing a bit of tedious maintenance wouldn't sort out, but i haven't the patience. Whereas at the same time, I bought two black plastic chairs (you know These Ones) and they still look as good as the day I bought them. Rinse a bit of bird sh/te off with a hose once every 6 months and away you go.

I'd highly recommend plastic based on my experience of it VS wooden stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    Anyone know the name or part number of this set? Csnt seem to find online. Tia

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/store/dublin/

Tynningo Garden Suite

KKV we bought this a couple of years ago, its quite sturdy and seats six - handy for folding into the shed too in the winter

No hole for a parasol though - thats the only downside for me

https://www.woodies.ie/garden-and-outdoor/outdoor-living/garden-furniture/6-ft-folding-catering-table-white-1099813

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] its quite sturdy and seats six - handy for folding into the shed too in the winter

[...]

Saw the very same table in my local Tesco recently, for the likes of 40 euro. Bargain price, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I thought this offer finished last Sunday, but it's still advertised on the home page. Anybody know if it's an error? Don't want to waste 2 hours of my life tomorrow if it's not there. https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/store/dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

I thought this offer finished last Sunday, but it's still advertised on the home page. Anybody know if it's an error? Don't want to waste 2 hours of my life tomorrow if it's not there. https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/store/dublin/

I bought the display set last week because the staff member there told me they wouldn't be getting them back in stock until after the offer was over. It might have been extended though I'd ring to find out for sure.

Saw it today in there for 125 😁

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I was there this morning. Loads of boxes of them stacked near the checkouts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Thanks, might risk it so.

Advertisement