Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Poor Customer Service

Options
  • 05-12-2019 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I have a loan with B.O.I but no longer have an account with the bank I moved to PTSB.
    I am in need of an overdraft with PTSB and for some reason, their computer says I had an issue with my B.O.I loan in February of this year.  I rang BOI to see what the issue was and there is no record of any problem in February. I got back in touch with PTSB and they said they needed proof.

This morning I went down to my local branch. I was told they had no way of printing off something like that inside the bank. Yes, the bank can't print off letters? Even do, it's a nice new building and loads of staff, but no one can print something?.

I then used the phone inside the bank to try and sort it out. I was on the phone for about forty minutes being passed around to everyone. The challenge of writing & printing a letter stating that my loan account was fine in February of this year seem to be something no one could handle.

They said they could get a statement out to me in 5-10 working days and it would be sent to my old address, which would add another two days travel time on to it. I said it was urgent. They said my old Branch could do the letter for me and sent it out to me as it was them I was dealing with. 

I was told do, that in the old Branch the person who has access to the phone/computer/printer was on holiday and the person covering only had limited access. They sent a message to my old branch and ask them to call me later on.

Later on, I got a call from my old Branch saying they got the message. They informed me that they could not help. I said I was told dealing with them directly I could get it done. He said his manager said no and it would be one of the other departments that could do it. When I told him I spoke to every department this morning and none of them could help, he did not know what to do.

So after a whole day, I still have no letter or clue how to get one. No one over the phone or inside your branches can write and print a letter. 

I also forget to mention I had no phone credit and contact you via Facebook and told there nothing they could do over social media and gave me a phone number to call. When I said I had no 
    credit and ask could someone could call me, I was told no.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. Although your branch were unable to help, we are aware of a department within BOI that can investigate this for you.

We are going to send you a private message with some more information that may be of help to you.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement