Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrium Justiça - Outstanding Debt

Options
  • 20-04-2021 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi, I have an Outstanding debt thst had since been passed to IJ. It's going back a while now (months) and I do acknowledge the debt.

They sent me an email asking to be paid in full. It's 1k. They mentioned legal proceedings and will affect credit rating.

Should I be dealing with IJ or should I contact the company (with whom the debt is owed)?

I have not replied to IJ email. Will this go to court or are they bluffing?

I plan to pay it off but I don't have 1k in full to pay straight away.

Cheers,

BDK.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If the company you owe it to will still deal with you, it would be best to deal with them. Often they will refuse to and you have little option but to deal with IJ, however if its an active account situation you can just pay that and then tell IJ you've paid the company.

They are exceptionally unlikely to go to court for 1k (the costs are too high); but it is not impossible. Most of the debts IJ deal with cannot affect your official CCR credit rating without a court judgement, however certain types (hire purchase/buy now pay later offers backed by finance houses, mainly) will already be affecting it; plus there are the private credit reference firms used for things like mobile phone contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

L1011 wrote: »
    If the company you owe it to will still deal with you, it would be best to deal with them. Often they will refuse to and you have little option but to deal with IJ, however if its an active account situation you can just pay that and then tell IJ you've paid the company.

They are exceptionally unlikely to go to court for 1k (the costs are too high); but it is not impossible. Most of the debts IJ deal with cannot affect your official CCR credit rating without a court judgement, however certain types (hire purchase/buy now pay later offers backed by finance houses, mainly) will already be affecting it; plus there are the private credit reference firms used for things like mobile phone contracts.

Thanks, ill get onto the original company, yes it's mobile phone contract. I will have to clear it one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Thanks, ill get onto the original company, yes it's mobile phone contract. I will have to clear it one way or another.

Your debit most likely sold to this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

markmoto wrote: »
    Your debit most likely sold to this company.

Nope, they act as credit collection agency and credit risk management for at least two mobile phone providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

This is now sorted and paid in full, thanks!

BDK

• Advertisement
Advertisement