Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Altezza caliper, R1 vs R3

• 18-04-2021 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 elless

Hi,
    Im having trouble with a Toyota altezza engine 1GFE - GXE10. Automatic. The front right caliper ( single piston) needs to be changed, but the one I ordered has a value R3 on it but my one is an R1, of which the R3 won't fit as its too big.

I've spoken to breakers and they have no idea.There,are also R2 and R6 versions ..has anyone an idea what this R value is because it's causing me major problems, I can't find an R1.. The main dealer will cost €320 but I don't know yet if it will be an R1. The altezza model is a TA-GxE 10. I've attached pics for you

Thanks
    Ellesz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From DIY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The Mark 2,Crown, Chaser and Cresta use the same calipers as an Altezza, type A is the single pot and type B is the twin pot calipers. The part number listed for the 2001-2005 type a caliper is 47730-30440, the part number 1997-2001 type a caliper is 47730-30330. Might be some help to you. A quick search of 47730-30440 gives results for the "R1" caliper

Why don't you just buy seals and either rebuild it yourself or get it rebuilt, won't cost anywhere near 300 euro.

You could get it sandblasted, rebuilt and powder coated and it wouldn't cost that.

The piston is probably fine, polish it up with autosol and just buy a set of seals for it, once you have it off the car you would have it done in 30 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭mk7r

Piston is very rarely fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Why don't you just buy seals and either rebuild it yourself or get it rebuilt, won't cost anywhere near 300 euro.

You could get it sandblasted, rebuilt and powder coated and it wouldn't cost that.

The piston is probably fine, polish it up with autosol and just buy a set of seals for it, once you have it off the car you would have it done in 30 mins

That is a short cut not worth taking - leaving the old piston in there.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    That is a short cut not worth taking - leaving the old piston in there.

If I was going through the hassle of removing the piston I'd just replace it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 elless

Thank you to all of you for your replies. I will definitely check them all out. Its the part numbers I've been looking for and the information you all gave me.

Cheers, very much appreciated!

If you use www.japan-parts.eu that will give you part numbers and diagrams

Advertisement