Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW App Connect activation

Options
  • 17-04-2021 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey.

I recently purchased a 2017 Golf GTD, so i tried to connect my phone to app connect, and I selected app connect it said to contact main vw dealer for activation key, the same applies to the voice control, just wondering do I bring it to a vw dealership to get it and is it expensive to do do?

Thanks....apoliges if this is the wrong place to post this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Have the same query here, my wife bought a Tiguan last week and getting the same line on the App-Connect option, I dropped a line to VW ( weconnect-support@volkswagen.de) and was told:

"Concerning your enquiry about Android Auto™/Apple CarPlay™, if when you select the App-Connect tile in the infotainment system of your car you receive the message “You can activate the function by means of an activation key. Please contact your dealer”, this would mean that App-Connect is available for your vehicle, but only as a retrofit solution.

For App-Connect to be retrofitted in your car, this can only be done through an authorised Volkswagen dealer. We kindly invite you to contact your preferred Volkswagen partner directly for a quote and to arrange an appointment."

So I called my local dealer and was told they couldnt do it because of GDPR !!! and it is something that they talk me through, Which it clearly isnt so has anyone a suggestion for a VW dealer who can quote for the app, although I am expecting this to be around €300 for a software update and that will be the end of it.

Edit: just found a link to the license, would still need a registered dealer to run the update as it activates over the web according to youtube videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Wondering if anyone made any progress on this and how much it cost if dealer was involved?

Advertisement