Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered sole trader entity with cro.ie now cannot access it

Options
  • 08-04-2021 4:52pm

First Off, my fault with this clusterf*ck

I deleted the email address which I registered the sole trader with.

I now cannot access cro.ie with my credentials because I forgot the password.

My address is there for all to see.

So, what I want to do is change the name of the business. And of course gain access to my info on cro.ie again!

Any constructive suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,335 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Have you tried contacting the CRO?

https://www.cro.ie/About-CRO/Contact-Us

Yep.

Apparently they've update their online system.

A robot email said they are indundated so it may be sometime until a human sends an email.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When you say you deleted the email address - if that's the case can you just create it again assuming it's not taken by someone else in the meantime if its a gmail etc. Then just do a forgot password reset and it will send you an email to the same address on file.

Ok, I'll give that a go and report back if successful or nit

Fail: This address is already taken when I tried to "create" it again on gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Then your only option is contacting the CRO as suggested above and asking them to reset the login details and then assigning a new email to the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,439 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Axwell wrote: »
    Then your only option is contacting the CRO as suggested above and asking them to reset the login details and then assigning a new email to the account.

Presumably there is some offline validation process, otherwise anyone could take over any other registration with a sob story.

Presumably there is some offline validation process, otherwise anyone could take over any other registration with a sob story.

Pretty sure you have to provide your name, address, dob and pps number when registering so I would assume they would validate using those.

Advertisement