Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can BKC engine be fitted in place of BXE?

Options
  • 02-04-2021 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Would anyone on the forum have replaced a BXE engine with a BKC .
    Car in question is a 2007 Skoda 1.9 Tdi - camshaft gone and owner has heard a number of stories about BXE's ' putting a leg out of bed' and his 'research' suggests that the BKC would be a straight swap.
    As I will be doing it I would appreciate advice from someone who has actually carried out this 'swap':).
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Thanks for reply.
    Want to make this swap as 'painless' as possible and the ASZ/ARL would seem to be quite an undertaking - drilling/grinding the block would be something I would like to avoid if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DAVIDI

I did the BXE to BKC swap a few weeks ago. Just make sure you get the right hand engine mount & timing belt cover with the BKC as they are different to the BXE.

Thanks for that DAVIDI , just what I wanted to hear :).
    Owner picked up engine today so I will check the timing cover and mounting tomorrow. There are a lot of hoses etc left attached to the engine so hopefully those 2 items are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭shane b

How did this work out for you?

My own BXE threw its conrod yesterday with a bang. The local mechanic i normally use mentioned that would have to use a BXE engine again otherwise i would have to get the ECU reprogrammed. Is this true as im not overly happen about possibly using another BXE engine?

• Advertisement

This worked out fine .

Changed the engine and everything worked out - can't remember any problems re mountings or timing cover but the replacement engine came with many hoses etc attached . You have all the parts anyway on your own engine.

Swapped over DMF etc from old engine and had to fit a new rear oil seal as it had been removed. If you have to do this be sure to line it up accurately as the crank sensor is located in the seal housing.

Had no problem with ECU etc - engine has been running trouble free since .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 tonneman72

The BKC will fit straight in with no problems or modifications, the ecu doesnt have to be reprogrammed either. I have done this dozens of times. You wud have to be crazy to fit a BXE again as they are so common for breaking conrods where as the BKC never did this.

Agree with tonneman 100% - replaced the BXE with the BKC for that reason ; had seen quite a number of BXE's with busted blocks.

At present have a friend's 2007 A4 1.9tdi (PD) which needs an engine .

The engine in the car is BRB code and he is finding it very difficult to find a BRB.

Would anyone here know if a BRB can be replaced by any other code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tsuny

Hi, mine is an AVQ engine swapping to BKC. Now car doesn't start. Kindly advice?

Thanks

Advertisement