Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NDLS - National Driver Licence Service centres (Qs, waiting times, etc)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Renewed my license a few months ago and only got a 7 year licence? Takes me up to 70. Thought if you renewed before 65 you got a 10 year licence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Right so just renewed my licence online and was surprised that they even had the details for the Bus test I did back in December 2021, Thought I would need to upload the slip you get when you pass the test.

My question is how come the trailer category hasn't been added to the bus but I have it for the car and trucks? I always believed that once you have the artic licence that the trailer category was added automatically to other categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

does anyone know if they accept screenshots on your phone when applying in person or must you print out the documents ? as i don’t own a printer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Any one know how long the licence takes getting to you? Just need it for work asap and they're looking for a date if I can get it. It says 5-9 working days on the application but I know people getting passports nearly the next day and I'm hoping it's something similar with the licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,825 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I renewed a Permit and a got a full licence this year on both occasions it took the five days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

they dont keep old licence if its in date, they may if its expired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭donkey balls

So eventually got the licence back minus the trailer for both Bus&mini bus, Contacted NDLS and they tried to tell me I wasn't entitled to that category and that a Bus category was higher than an Artic licence, Told them not to worry and I would contact the RSA licensing dept they ended up calling me and said that I was entitled to the bus&trailer licence and that it be posted out to me. This is not the first time that I have heard of the NDLS taking categories of peoples licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alexpowermetal

Hi. Anyone applied for first time driving licence recently? What's wait time from day you applied to the day you got it in the post? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Noelie155

Applied for my first time license on the 18th of August. Nothing received yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭lizzyjane

SOrry to dig an old thread up. Applied for my driving licence on my gov/ndls websites and when I paid, it gave me a picture of my new license with numbers and my picture on it etc.

I presume this is okay to drive on now seen as I have an electronic version of the license while I am waiting for the physical card in the post?

Thanks.

Advertisement