Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4: scumbag car

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's the one thing I love about my Glanza, as soon as I drive that scumbag boy racer side comes out in me but I also have an A6 so I'm more of a high class scumbag maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

maddness wrote: »
    The unauthorised pharmaceutical sales men...

Street pharmacists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I actually have this little game when I go for walks.

You hear loud music banging out of some car, but you don't see the car yet. 90% it's going to be VW, 8% it's going to be something from VW family like Audi. The other 1% going to be a lad in white Van and the rest is 1%.

Volkswagen-Polo-1.3-1998-1-6054-768x512.jpg

I still remember a few years back an African lad driving one of these through Dundalk for a year or two, with the loudest sound system of all time installed. It must have been worth 10 times the value of the car, it was deafening. Absolute legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I still remember a few years back an African lad driving one of these through Dundalk for a year or two, with the loudest sound system of all time installed. It must have been worth 10 times the value of the car, it was deafening. Absolute legend.

18 years ago I had a banging sound system in my Civic. Big amp, 6x9's and a big bass speaker in the boot the back window would be hopping. Back then I was into hardcore and hard house music so go through a city or town I would turn it up but once in a quiet area or countryside I would have it at a normal sound.

Just to remind people that was 18 or 19 years ago so just a young fella. I also only done that for a year or two and got more sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

Scumbag or skanger car is a bit of an over reaction. Every college car park will have modified Audi, BMW, VW and JDM cars. Are they are drug dealings, criminals or dole lifers OP? They certainly don't all live in rough estates either.

I have no interest in these diesel smoke machines but seriously OP, they are hardly going around killing and raping before them are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

18 years ago I had a banging sound system in my Civic. Big amp, 6x9's and a big bass speaker in the boot the back window would be hopping. Back then I was into hardcore and hard house music so go through a city or town I would turn it up but once in a quiet area or countryside I would have it at a normal sound.

Just to remind people that was 18 or 19 years ago so just a young fella. I also only done that for a year or two and got more sense.

That was last week, admit it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Premium brands become a few years old and become very affordable. So any idiot can buy a half a decade old a4 or an a6. I find it sad to see this happen with BMW's in particular. To me it damages their premium brand reputation when you see 21 year olds driving them with their aftermarket M sticker and tinted tail lights. It just turns me off them and I have had a few BM's over the years. You have to sort of get one that is inaccessible to chav type young fellas to feel like your driving something special. A relatively new 4 series coupe is a beautiful car to me but they are getting old now and have seen young lads starting to drive them with tinted lights and M series painted grills on them.

I acquired a Porsche Boxster not too long ago and almost never see another one on my daily routine let alone a young person with stickers all over one. Thank God.

The OP drives a Skoda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Some snobs galore in this thread, and 95% of them living on PCP and finance. Not everyone wants to tie themselves to car salesman's salaries for the rest of their lives, preferring instead to buy within their means.

Cop on and look at your own life first before sneering others to try and make you own life seem somehow better than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

mondeo wrote: »
    Premium brands become a few years old and become very affordable. So any idiot can buy a half a decade old a4 or an a6. I find it sad to see this happen with BMW's in particular. To me it damages their premium brand reputation when you see 21 year olds driving them with their aftermarket M sticker and tinted tail lights. It just turns me off them and I have had a few BM's over the years. You have to sort of get one that is inaccessible to chav type young fellas to feel like your driving something special. A relatively new 4 series coupe is a beautiful car to me but they are getting old now and have seen young lads starting to drive them with tinted lights and M series painted grills on them.

I acquired a Porsche Boxster not too long ago and almost never see another one on my daily routine let alone a young person with stickers all over one. Thank God.

Did you buy the pipe and flat cap the same day or did you get them first?

A4 is the current car of choice for a certain age group, scumbags far more likely to drive an X5 or a RangeRover , think the OP is just feeling old

miller_63 wrote: »
    Some snobs galore in this thread, and 95% of them living on PCP and finance. Not everyone wants to tie themselves to car salesman's salaries for the rest of their lives, preferring instead to buy within their means.

Cop on and look at your own life first before sneering others to try and make you own life seem somehow better than others.

Half of them with empty cupboards because there's nothing left after the monthly payments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

The OP drives a Skoda.
    poor bastard , no scummer driving them , as they are hapes of ****e - i know , i have one

and its a hape of ****e ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,250 ✭✭✭✭flazio

poor bastard , no scummer driving them , as they are hapes of ****e - i know , i have one

and its a hape of ****e ..

First generation Superb was as popular as the Passat because it was for all intents and purposes, the same car. I mean we are talking Mazda 121/Ford Fiesta level of cloning here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

yeah the old ones were great the news ones are utter cack .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Theres a lad in my town who has a black A5 , lowered, coo dump valve and all fitted, Say he spends every penny he has running that thing round the town.

I think the lads all transitioned to these VAG diesels because of silly claims that plug in chips could turn a 130 brake car into an almost 200bhp 'weapon'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lads around Navan now driving S3's, Golf "R's" and A6's...

The eh.... business must be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

The VW brand diesels all getting sold in the UK for next to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sebdavis wrote: »
    The VW brand diesels all getting sold in the UK for next to nothing.

I’ve been hearing this since dieselgate, but to date haven’t seen it.

Please share examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

mloc123 wrote: »
    I have seen a resurgence in vtec civics recently, the extra 10 years have not been kind to them... based on the sound of the screaming vtec

Ease off on the vtec hate, mofo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Suv thread last week. A4 this week. What's next on boards lockdown hit list? And what car out today is going to be the scumbag car in 10 years?

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Suv thread last week. A4 this week. What's next on boards lockdown hit list? And what car out today is going to be the scumbag car in 10 years?

Arteon.
    There aren’t enough of them sold new though to be populous.
    Octavia RS.
    Possibly Tiguan.
    A4, again not as many new ones about these days, but will certainly still be in demand.
    A3 saloon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Duck duck Graham

A4 is the current car of choice for a certain age group, scumbags far more likely to drive an X5 or a RangeRover , think the OP is just feeling old

What's up with all these influencers or what ever they think they are going around in Mercedes and SUVs like the skoda kodiaq the thing is built for a soccer mam with 7 kids haha they all live at home in there parents boxroom they all think they have made buy driving around in these cars but yet dont own the car .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GSBellew

flazio wrote: »
    First generation Superb was as popular as the Passat because it was for all intents and purposes, the same car. I mean we are talking Mazda 121/Ford Fiesta level of cloning here.

It wasn't the European Passat, it was a rebadged longer wheelbase Passat Lingyu from Shanghai VW, mechanically virtually identical but with loads of extra rear legroom compared to the Euro Passat, no exterior body panels were shared with the European Passat, unlike the Fiesta / 121

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

When I was starting to drive in the early to mid 2000’s the jap import market was in full swing. I would have loved a glanza and would have given my left nut for a S2000. I was into the modified car scene (to the extent that I could afford). I had a punto on 17’s with a massive sound system and neon lights, moved onto an Astra with a body kit and chrome alloys before I saw any sense.

Young lads now seem to be very much into VAG diesels that are slammed to the floor and the more smoke the better. I don’t understand it but it makes as much sense as what I was at. I don’t think it’s a scumbag car just attracts a certain type of person.

They’re choice of car did factor in when I was changing my own car. Audis and BMW’s of a certain age do seem to attract drug dealers and lads who want to look likenesses drug dealers (sweeping statements I know).

I bought an E class which for now they seem to stay away from and leave me me and men in their 70’s :)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’ve been hearing this since dieselgate, but to date haven’t seen it.

Please share examples.

Really? you should go and look
    You think back street car dealers are bringing in VW by the lorry loads for the last few years because the margin they can make on them is terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

mickdw wrote: »
    Of course they like tdi cause they can make them Boo.

I really don't get the appeal of the "tortured pigeon" exhausts, they just sound pathetic. Modifying diesels was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Water2626262

Mercedes CLA is on the rise. Usually in white.

Ahh thats the new drug dealers car!! normally the level above the Passat

sebdavis wrote: »
    Really? you should go and look
    You think back street car dealers are bringing in VW by the lorry loads for the last few years because the margin they can make on them is terrible

I did, and I went and bought one in the UK, it wasn’t particularly cheap but the exchange rate at the time helped. This was before Brexit and Nox taxes.

Please show me some of these dirt cheap VWs for sale in the UK.
    I maintain that you’re mistaken.
    The cheaper ones are usually high mileage, insurance write-offs etc. Same as any brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I did, and I went and bought one in the UK, it wasn’t particularly cheap but the exchange rate at the time helped. This was before Brexit and Nox taxes.

Please show me some of these dirt cheap VWs for sale in the UK.
    I maintain that you’re mistaken.
    The cheaper ones are usually high mileage, insurance write-offs etc. Same as any brand.

A friend in the trade in the UK says they took a slight hit for 6 months and then everyone realised that as much as they may not want a diesel, they actually needed them and values stabilised again. In urban centres like London they stayed less desirable but then again diesel probably made little sense there anyway.

I've had him track the history and auction prices of some cars I was interested in buying here that he'd only have access to on closed trade auctions, a lot of what was cropping up here was lower end stuff there due to high mileage, rental cars (not necessarily a bad thing but they hat them), poor service histories, stolen recovered, insurance write offs etc). Good cars were staying in the UK for the most part from what we could tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Duck duck Graham

Yes you always see young people driving them, getting out in there full tracksuit with no socks haha .No doubt on fianace

Yes you always see young people driving them, getting out in there full tracksuit with no socks haha .No doubt on fianace

Engagement present?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ease off on the vtec hate, mofo...

I have no VTEC hate... I don't like to hear them being abused tho... I know people like to rev the arse out of them... but after it hits the limiter for the 3rd time... shift gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I have no VTEC hate... I don't like to hear them being abused tho... I know people like to rev the arse out of them... but after it hits the limiter for the 3rd time... shift gear.

The way a B16 bounces off the limited, you'd want to be quick to count the amount of cuts!

The reek mobiles are fairly past it now, that's reserved for the country shams.
    The really skangers are in financed A4's on fake 20" wheels because they can't spend their money on anything that requires a background check.

I have no VTEC hate... I don't like to hear them being abused tho ... I know people like to rev the arse out of them... but after it hits the limiter for the 3rd time... shift gear.

That is literally what vtec is for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Interesting Thread

I bought a black 2016 Audi A4 last febuary.

I work nights & cannot drive the car home via the Nanger Rd without being stopped or tailed .

When stopped thay see an "auld Lad" with a beard and wish me a safe journey home.

Got to the stage the last time they were behind me I pulled into the bus lane and let them pull up along side me.

I got that fed up that Ive traded it in and get my new car next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Blue Punto wrote: »

What you getting a blue Punto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

What you getting a blue Punto?

Much too the disappointment of a few that have posted here already
    Im getting a Superb L&K Spec Estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Interesting Thread

I work nights & cannot drive the car home via the Nanger Rd without being stopped or tailed .

When stopped thay see an "auld Lad" with a beard and wish me a safe journey home.

Got to the stage the last time they were behind me I pulled into the bus lane and let them pull up along side me.

A workmate of mine drives a white A3 and gets stopped within a mile of nangor rd where he lives too. Think it's to do with someone else that lives in his estate that's in trouble a lot that drives same car. I've a black edition A6 and I've never been pulled over even once despite working in parkwest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

mondeo wrote: »

Here you go

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/porsche-boxster-please-read-ad/27581850?campaign=14

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    A workmate of mine drives a white A3 and gets stopped within a mile of nangor rd where he lives too. Think it's to do with someone else that lives in his estate that's in trouble a lot that drives same car. I've a black edition A6 and I've never been pulled over even once despite working in parkwest

Anyone that drives a white car deserves to be stopped :P

Interesting Thread

Jealousy. The only time the cops get to be in an Audi is when they make it to the Emergency Response Unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jealousy. The only time the cops get to be in an Audi is when they make it to the Emergency Response Unit.

You say that like it's a Lambo, they could literally just buy/finance one like anyone else that wants an Audi. They're nothing special.

I got stopped by a plain clothes garda in a unmarked A4 last year, I think it was drug squad or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I got stopped by a plain clothes garda in a unmarked A4 last year, I think it was drug squad or something
    Yeah but was it slammed and did it have chrome tips :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Has anyone mentioned the "No Shmoke, No Poke" sticker yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Same over here in England...fcking A4s driven by wannabe gangsters. The scumbag/low level drug dealer car of choice can even be broken down along ethnic lines.

Asians- Audi A3, A4 or if the are really hard the A6 in black of course
    White Trash- Fiestas or SEAT Leons
    Blacks- tend to go with VW Golfs

and you just know they still live at home with their mothers. As far as I can tell an Audi is basically an over priced VW.

Sorry...it is the A3 that is the car of choice for the wannabe gangsta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Back in my day it was a Honda Civic or Toyota Starlet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Same over here in England...fcking A4s driven by wannabe gangsters. The scumbag/low level drug dealer car of choice can even be broken down along ethnic lines.

Asians- Audi A3, A4 or if the are really hard the A6 in black of course
    White Trash- Fiestas or SEAT Leons
    Blacks- tend to go with VW Golfs

and you just know they still live at home with their mothers. As far as I can tell an Audi is basically an over priced VW.

Sorry...it is the A3 that is the car of choice for the wannabe gangsta.

Wow, just wow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement