Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint for Opel Insignia

Options
  • 17-04-2021 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of scratches on my 2014 Opel Insignia that need touching up. I went into Halfords and they have a few different Opel blacks. How do I find out which is the correct one for my car? The registration certificate just says black.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Thanks Biko. That’s very helpful. I followed the instructions and my code is Z22C.

abff wrote: »
    Thanks Biko. That’s very helpful. I followed the instructions and my code is Z22C.

In Halfords now and the paints they have are for Vauxhall cars and use a different code. There are 4 different blacks - Black, Midnight Black, Moonland and Black Sapphire. I asked a shop assistant, but all he did was refer me to a book that was no help at all.

Any idea how I can map the Opel code to an equivalent Vauxhall code?

I looked up 22C online and got several unhelpful results, but one of them mentioned the word midnight, so I went for midnight black.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound, good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Paul Griffen

Opel - Vauxhall codes can be translated online.
    How is everything else with this car, hear so many horror stories about them yet not often from actual owners

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Send me the vin number and Ill get the correct colour code and name for you.

Opel - Vauxhall codes can be translated online.
    How is everything else with this car, hear so many horror stories about them yet not often from actual owners

I’ve had no problems with the car. Everything running smoothly. I have it just over 6 years.

It’s a petrol model. I think it’s the diesel that has been experiencing problems.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Send me the vin number and Ill get the correct colour code and name for you.

Thanks. I’ll send you a pm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Paint code is CARBON FLASH/I'LL BE BLACK (GAR)

GAR is what you need to order paint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement