Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ignition switch lock barrel housing Golf mk5

Options
  • 14-04-2021 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Just wondered where might I get this. I'm in Dublin, saw on amazon but I'd be afraid it wasn't the right one.
    They are about 45 euro delivered. Is there any point in getting in a scrap yard? Could be old and go again?
    Just wondering do any of you fine people know somewhere around Dublin that might sell one besides the main dealer?
    Or would you go for scrap yard one?
    My mechanic pal in oz showed me what I need and they do look all quite similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Just the housing you need? They're not mad expensive from a dealer. Done one on an old octavia recently think it was about €110.
    Saves a lot of hassle messing around with potentially wrong parts.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

What ails it ?

Is it broken or just seized up with cr@p ?

( mine seized due to muck in it. Washed it out with several rinses in petrol and relubed it with graphite from a soft pencil. Thats about 5 years ago all good since )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

But you need take out to wash out, is it hard to remove?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

gsi300024v wrote: »
    But you need take out to wash out, is it hard to remove?

Search YT with "golf ignition barrel removal". a number of video clips will be returned.

( as with a lot of this sort of stuff a bit of luck is great to have :) )

Advertisement