Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoloCheck - Source of information?

Options
  • 06-04-2021 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm wondering is there a free source for information the likes of SoloCheck sell. I know in the UK this information is a lot easier to come by - why are we paying a private company for it over here? Any pointers would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bus Wanker

Hey. I think the cro.ie has all the info solocheck have. Been a while since I used it but I don't think it's free but it's a fraction of the cost of solocheck it I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

t1mm wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm wondering is there a free source for information the likes of SoloCheck sell. I know in the UK this information is a lot easier to come by - why are we paying a private company for it over here? Any pointers would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Solocheck and others are basing their information off what's in the CRO, but they're also enriching the information with other data.

You can get quite a bit of information from the CRO directly, but if you want access to a lot of the company filings you have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

t1mm wrote: »
    Hi there,

Cheers!

Tons of UK and International companies that sell you the exact same UK information.

The "Free" information is fairly basic.

The CRO will allow you download the annual reports of any limited company you like for €2.50.

The likes of Solocheck will do more digging. They'll check for any court actions, compare previous year's accounts and look at the sector the company is in.

Like anything - you can pay for the likes of solocheck or do the work yourself.

Advertisement