Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CPC walkaround test

• 08-04-2021 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I just had a quick question regarding the cpc walkaround test. When booking my practical test I didnt see the option to book this and therefore had to book it seperate. I had my C licence test on Tuesday (which I passed) and came straight home to book the walkaround.

My question is if anyone would know if the waiting times are just as long as the practical test? My instructor said the test is about 20mins and I find it hard that a waiting list could be that long for it. Has anyone booked it and got a sooner date?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

You can go back to the website you used to book the actual driving test

On there you'll find an option for CPC Practical exam.

That is your walk around test you need to complete the CPC.

Your medical is only valid for 1 month I believe, so there's a strong chance you'll have to get a new medical to get your licence. (Call the NDLS and confirm this before you go to the office though just incase it's longer)

Just another tip for you too,

If you are going for the CE licence, you can go to the NDLS and in the same sitting with the same person you can apply for your full C licence and then immediately without getting out of the chair apply for the learner for the CE and they can use the same medical etc for it.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paddy_Mski

You can go back to the website you used to book the actual driving test

On there you'll find an option for CPC Practical exam.

That is your walk around test you need to complete the CPC.

Your medical is only valid for 1 month I believe, so there's a strong chance you'll have to get a new medical to get your licence. (Call the NDLS and confirm this before you go to the office though just incase it's longer)

Just another tip for you too,

If you are going for the CE licence, you can go to the NDLS and in the same sitting with the same person you can apply for your full C licence and then immediately without getting out of the chair apply for the learner for the CE and they can use the same medical etc for it.

Hope that helps

Is another medical required as I only got one 3 months ago when obtaining my learner C licence permit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Paddy_Mski wrote: »
    Is another medical required as I only got one 3 months ago when obtaining my learner C licence permit?

Over 3 months old, then definitely yes you need a new medical

I can't remember but the medical is only valid for either 1 month or 3 months

I think it's only valid for one month though, I must look it up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 nerijus19881

Hi i would like ask i need to be done my first time cpc walking around test and meybe somebody know what is best way learn these questions and what kind questions they asking

Thanks

Advertisement