Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The first stage of the ADI exam

Options
  • 30-03-2021 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Im trying to prepare for the first stage of the ADI examy, namely the Theory Test but can only find a few sample questions online.
    Does anyone know where i could come across more sample questions so that I could be as ready as possible to take the test.
    Any help is sincerely appreciated.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Im trying to prepare for the first stage of the ADI examy, namely the Theory Test but can only find a few sample questions online.
    Does anyone know where i could come across more sample questions so that I could be as ready as possible to take the test.
    Any help is sincerely appreciated.
    Thank you.

There are no real sample questions for an ADI exam, you can do all the theory tests you want but it still won't prepare you for some of the questions they ask.

I'll never forget the question I got asked about before a certain year, what is the minimum distance between a vehicle and horsebox or trailer being towed for the purpose of a driving test.

They suggest you read the book "rules of the road" and remember as much information as possible because the ADI theory test is based entirely on that book.

Either way, good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from 2017 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

There are no real sample questions for an ADI exam, you can do all the theory tests you want but it still won't prepare you for some of the questions they ask.

I'll never forget the question I got asked about before a certain year, what is the minimum distance between a vehicle and horsebox or trailer being towed for the purpose of a driving test.

They suggest you read the book "rules of the road" and remember as much information as possible because the ADI theory test is based entirely on that book.

Either way, good luck with it

Thank you very much.
    Fingers crossed 🀞

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

As said above, go through ROTR in detail. I skipped the agricultural vehicles part of it before my Part 1. What came up? Yep, about 3 questions from it. I was sweating waiting on my result!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

Thank you all very much for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement