Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloy wheels cleaning

Options
  • 04-03-2021 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi what can I use to take off grease and dirt
    In the inside of the alloy wheels it has really built up many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Driver2016 wrote: »

You can buy a dedicated wheel cleaner, I have one in my detailing kit by Autoglym, works quite well, aside from that, I've used a liberal spray of brake cleaner in the past which also worked well. Blast with power washer, spray, agitate with a brush or even a piece of steel wool, and blast again with a power washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭choo choo man

Driver2016 wrote: »

Hi,
    I normally use the Blue alloy wheel cleaner from Reflect Autocare. I find it cleans well without being too harsh. If you are using a power washer i normally find when using the cleaner i don't have to touch the wheels to clean them. Granted it is only brake dust and not grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

CarPro Iron X is great at removing caked in dirt and brake dust fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel.

/thread

Seconded. Incredible stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Wheel cleaner spray and a long handle soft brush wheel cleaner.

Failing that, take the wheels off and clean.
    Apply a coating to back to repeal sort etc going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Duff wrote: »
    Seconded. Incredible stuff.

Thirded. Smells a bit funky but works brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Yes. But with any diamond cut wheel best not leave it dwell too long. And use soft brushes like wheel woolies or a microfibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Many thanks. Only ever use microfibre on the wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Try Red Ox from Reflect. It's their own fallout remover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Don't even need to use a brush with Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel when using a pressure washer. Savage stuff, really speeds up the wash process as the wheels just rinse off easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Another vote for the Bilt Hamber auto wheel, it rarely needs a brush to agitate it, and you don’t end up using loads of it.

smells awful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I echo other people's opinions that Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel is a great product. And that there is a woeful smell from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

IronX is the same, smells terrible.

Advertisement