Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Connecting after market radio to fuse board?

Options
  • 07-02-2021 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 09 Citroen Berlingo. I've just put an aftermarket radio into it, it's a KD-x330BT.

It's playing the radio and working all fine, but I watched a few videos (like this one) on installing after market radios and some of them said you need to connect to a switched fuse. From what I can tell the manual doesn't say anything about this.

I've just connected the ISO connectors in the car to the harness provided with no changes.

I haven't done this so far and when I turn on off my car the radio stays on. Is this by design? Should I be connecting to a switched fuse?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Possibly for safety and not letting a circuit stay live,usually one wire is always live for code holding and the other goes dead when the ignition is switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Your van is multiplex and doesn’t have an ignition live going to the original radio.

I think you can run one from the cigarette lighter live to the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Your van is multiplex and doesn’t have an ignition live going to the original radio.

I think you can run one from the cigarette lighter live to the radio.

I've just tested the installation there. I turned on the car and radio. Then turned off the car. After about 1 minute the radio turns off.

Does that mean that it does have an ignition live and I don't need to run the extra wire? I'm a bit worried about battery drain.

Advertisement