Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tvheadend & E2 DVB-T Bouquet for Saorview on ARM device

• 30-12-2018 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭

I have been having some difficulty getting tvheadend to automap channels from an E2 type bouquet for the Saorview channels.
    In fact I cannot seem to get it to work at all! :(

Meanwhile, using the same HDHomerun tuners, and the same bouquet file, the channels auto-map correctly on an X86_64 device.

I have tried both a R-Pi 2 and a Tanix Tx3 mini.
    I tested LibreElec and CoreELEC on the Tanix, and LE on the R-Pi.
    All showed the same problem .... failure to automap the bouquet.

I would like to hear from anyone who has an ARM device and uses tvheadend who might be able to check this ...... maybe running a different OS, as I think both LE & CE use the same basic build of tvheadend.

The bouquet file is just a list of channels in the format
    #NAME   My DBV-T

#DESCRIPTION RTÉ One 
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:835:3EA:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0

#DESCRIPTION RTÉ2 
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:44E:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0

#DESCRIPTION Virgin Media 1 
    #SERVICE 1:0:1:44F:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0

and so on.

I would like to determine if this is a tvheadend problem affecting ARM devices or if it is a problem of the tvheadend build in LE & CE.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

You could just do a blind scan and pick the channels up that way, no?

Also how do you find the HDhomerun in general? I've two DVB-T tuners and thinking of swapping to the quattro for simplicity and being able to cut out a cable split and have my DVB-T modulator incorporate a bit better too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Nelbert wrote: »
    You could just do a blind scan and pick the channels up that way, no?

There is no problem at all with channel scanning.
    All channels are found correctly.

The problem lies with Tvheadend auto-mapping the channels in the bouquet.
    At this time I have to manually select the channels for mapping as the bouquet is not functioning in Tvheadend.
    Also how do you find the HDhomerun in general? I've two DVB-T tuners and thinking of swapping to the quattro for simplicity and being able to cut out a cable split and have my DVB-T modulator incorporate a bit better too.

If the two DVB-T tuners are sufficient for your needs then get the dual tuner version of the HDHomerun.
    It is much cheaper, although greater than half the price of course.
    If at some future time, you require more DVB-T tuners then another HDHomerun box can be added (it will get a different IP address and thus will work alongside the first one without bother).

The HDHomerun device I have is stable and has given no problems.
    NOTE: I do not use any of the HDHomerun 'functions' available through various software and web access etc etc. I use Tvheadend exclusively to manage the tuners, EPG, recording etc..

I know this is an old thread but the problem it concerns was never resolved.

Today, a dev with CoreELEC worked through the problem and found a solution.

He has issued a Pull Request to tvheadend to correct the code and fix this problem, so hopefully it should be fixed in tvheadend in the future.

In the meantime I can use his test build with the bug squashed. :D

It took time, but got there in the end.

Further update ..... the latest tvheadend in CoreELEC must have the patch applied as after an update the other day I noticed that the DVB-T channels are automapped now.
    I am glad this problem is finally sorted. :D

Advertisement