Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon fire stick

• 03-12-2018 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Purchased a fire stick today in the uk doesn’t seem to let me watch anything. Anyone have any issues with them?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

You're watching/using in Ireland? Have a read here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201624360

• Registered Users Posts: 15 aisehi

Hi, I checked and it says that Basic version of Fire stick (prime video) can be used in Ireland. But not really sure, how to work around that?? Can anyone please help me out here??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

aisehi wrote: »
    Hi, I checked and it says that Basic version of Fire stick (prime video) can be used in Ireland. But not really sure, how to work around that?? Can anyone please help me out here??

My fire stick used to geo block but doesn't seem to anymore. You should try again

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

I've bought one fire stick in Argos, in Dublin, 2 weeks ago and ended up not being compatible. How is possible that Argos Ireland sells something that I can't use?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

lynvoh wrote: »
    I've bought one fire stick in Argos, in Dublin, 2 weeks ago and ended up not being compatible. How is possible that Argos Ireland sells something that I can't use?
    Not sure what you mean by “..not being compatible” - not compatible with what ?

Here’s what Amazon say about the Fire Stick: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201624360

As for Argos selling something you can’t use - it’s up to you the make sure that whatever you buy is suitable for your needs, just like everything else.

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

According to Amazon, this product doesn't work in Ireland.

I just wonder what's the idea behind selling this in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Get onto the live chat support and they'll unlock it for you, have a UK address on your Amazon account first like a parcel motel or addresspal or just a random street address, they'll unlock it for you.

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

lynvoh wrote: »
    According to Amazon, this product doesn't work in Ireland.

I just wonder what's the idea behind selling this in Ireland?

It works in Ireland, the services are just limited. It seems like Argos have just reused the text for the item from their UK website (I'm not surprised at that, they are a UK based company). Bring it back to Argos, they are pretty good with refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yellow_Blue

Hi Guys,

Anyone has an idea how do I reduce the number of remotes on my Smart tv now?

1)I have oroginal TV remote that I have to use in order to switch from HDMI to Fire-Stick and back.
    2)I have my Virgin Remote, where all TV channels are
    3)Now I have Firestick remote ( which is obviously a favorite )

Can I utilize FireStick Remote for #1 and #2

I'm sick of virgin channels anyways( my hb watches sport but this is pretty much it)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Hi Guys,

Anyone has an idea how do I reduce the number of remotes on my Smart tv now?

1)I have oroginal TV remote that I have to use in order to switch from HDMI to Fire-Stick and back.
    2)I have my Virgin Remote, where all TV channels are
    3)Now I have Firestick remote ( which is obviously a favorite )

Can I utilize FireStick Remote for #1 and #2

I'm sick of virgin channels anyways( my hb watches sport but this is pretty much it)

Most smart TVs can be synced with a app

• Advertisement
Advertisement