Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K BluRay player to TV (via Receiver)

Options
  • 24-07-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    I have a Samsung 4K HDR (model. UE43KU6400XXC ) TV, I got a 4k BD player (panasonic DP-UB150) and BD is connected to a receiver (Panasonic SU-HTB550) ,
    I got a 4K HDMI cable ....
    For now I connect the 4K player direct to the TV with the 4K HDMI cable and when I check the status it says 4K .... if I go through the receiver it has 24P displayed - fair enough.

My question is, is this due to the receiver, or due to the fact that I have an older HDMI cable connecting the receiver to the TV ?
    Or If I get another 4K HDMI cable and connect that Receiver - TV, will I get the full 4K signal to the TV ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I have a Samsung 4K HDR (model. UE43KU6400XXC ) TV, I got a 4k BD player (panasonic DP-UB150) and BD is connected to a receiver (Panasonic SU-HTB550) ,
    I got a 4K HDMI cable ....
    For now I connect the 4K player direct to the TV with the 4K HDMI cable and when I check the status it says 4K .... if I go through the receiver it has 24P displayed - fair enough.

My question is, is this due to the receiver, or due to the fact that I have an older HDMI cable connecting the receiver to the TV ?
    Or If I get another 4K HDMI cable and connect that Receiver - TV, will I get the full 4K signal to the TV ?
    HDMI cable quality matters

According specs, SU-HTB550, in pass-trough mode, support 1080p resolution
    High Quality Picture
    • FULL HD 3D Compatible yes
    • 1080p Output (x.v.Color™*1, Deep Color) yes
    As SU-HTB550 just doesn't have 4K capability you out of luck connecting that way...
    https://support-uk.panasonic.eu/app/answers/detail/a_id/4300/~/which-soundbars-allow-4k-signal-to-pass-through%3F

Even your DP-UB150 doesn't seam to allow to output sound to receiver and video to TV over HDMI, as DP-UB450 and DP-UB159 do (page 11). Check other connectivity options
    521056.JPG

Might be there is chance to output digital audio from TV or DB-UB150 to receiver... , but you need to refer to manuals.

Advertisement