Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV with IEC power cord

Options
  • 19-06-2020 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

HI , looking for help. I have a Panasonic 42" plasma thats 12 years old but working perfect. Im looking to upgrade to a smart tv , my problem is that when I got my tv installed we chased the walls and hid all the wires when we mounted it on the chimney stack. There is the old 3 pin kettle power cord coming out of the back of the TV so i looking for a new smart TV that is compatable with this type of connection. All the new TV s have the power cord moulded in it. I can snip the head off the power cord and fuse the lead off any new one I buy but im worried i might blow the new tv. Is there any new TV s out there with the old power cords?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

IEC C13/C14 is too big/deep for most modern TVs to take. That's also why most have gone moulded.

Samsung still use IEC C7/C8 (figure 8 plugs) with a 90 degree angle on the supplied cable to allow for close-fit wall mounts. That is assuming they haven't changed since I bought one within the last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

do u think i could snip both connections and reconnect them with scotch locks or something similiar? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

That looks the biz, my local tv shop have samsung smart tvs with the figure 8 connector. cheers for that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

Or buy any TV you want , snip the plug off , and wire on the female end of this ......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sourcingmap-AC250V-Terminals-Adapter-Connectors/dp/B06XT72W11/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=iec+mains+connector&qid=1592723585&sr=8-3

I have a wall mounted panasonic as well , same issue as you , however its "IEC" connector is non standard with a metal locking clasp , so I need both ends of the linked item

Advertisement