Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Warriors CEO Boylan Steps Down

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Disappointed at that. Boylan seems very on the ball and really did excellent work with Cage Warriors.

Can't see them replacing him easily and European MMA really needs a show like Cage Warriors has been for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cage Warriors has always been an excellent show anytime I've watched. It's so well run. I wonder if they'd promote from within rather than go for an external option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

CageWarriors 75, scheduled for London in March has been cancelled, all fighters on the card have been given a 0ne fight pass to fight for other promotions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

scudzilla wrote: »
    CageWarriors 75, scheduled for London in March has been cancelled, all fighters on the card have been given a 0ne fight pass to fight for other promotions

That sounds ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Bit of Cage Warriors talk in here, was recorded just before they announced the march show was postponed

http://severemma.com/2015/02/podcast-andrew-mcgahon-and-sean-sheehan-talk-peds-cage-warriors-edgar-vs-faber-and-much-more/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Bit of Cage Warriors talk in here, was recorded just before they announced the march show was postponed

Listened to it on the way home from work and found it very good!

I really hope this isn't the end for cage warriors its a brilliant promotion and some of my best mma nights out were in the helix...this seemed like the first new years in ages I'd to make "normal" plans after the show was cancelled.

I think one of the ideas on the podcast about the UFC buying it and keeping it as a feeder org and showing it on fight pass, similar to invicta, would be brilliant. It would be such a massive opportunity for all of our pro fighters to really establish themselves and build up a fan base.

Looks like Boylan has gone back to his old job at Cage Warriors according to Severemma.

Really fantastic news. And since several of their champs/contenders have been signed by UFC, we'll get to watch some new blood coming through. Very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Talking about rebranding too. I wonder if they'll become "UFC Europe" or something along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Roar wrote: »
    Talking about rebranding too. I wonder if they'll become "UFC Europe" or something along those lines

This would be amazing

Yeah I was wondering about that when Helwani asked if it's a bad idea to change the Cage Warriors name and his answer was "Oh you'll change your mind when you hear it". So could be something we're already familiar with.

Cage Rage was my initial guess. Or else it could be a brand name like "Betfair FC" like the old Bodog promotion?

Interesting times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

no, the ufc would just be ufc europe.

I don't mind if it has UFC branding as long as it retains Cage Warriors pricing. ;)

They should call it 'Proud' in the Pride style logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I know wrestling isnt the ideal comparison, but they should run it similar to the NXT thing That WWE have, kindve like the minor leagues in baseball

Advertisement