Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nuisance calls

• 18-10-2019 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Be grateful if anyone could assist me,i'm getting nuisance calls to my phone and my mothers phone coming from New york,is there anything i can if i know the persons name and address ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Be grateful if anyone could assist me,i'm getting nuisance calls to my phone and my mothers phone coming from New york,is there anything i can if i know the persons name and address ?

Block the number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,675 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Contact your provider to block them - is this just from one number? Not the Indian tech companies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,478 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Call the local Police Station in the area of New York to report them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

Block the number.

Its coming to my mother landline,yeah but it might not stop they could just change their number anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Damien360

Comreg for this. I had issues with a auto dialler of sorts, virgin said they couldn’t do anything as it was originating from out of state. Called comreg and within 2 days, I had a phone call from virgin apologising and told me they blocked the number. My number was ex-directory at the time if that makes a difference as my number was not in any publication.

• Advertisement

You think they would listen to a call from Ireland,i would go this road if i thought it went anywhere.

Its coming to my mother landline,yeah but it might not stop they could just change their number anyway.

You can still block.
    I'm guessing there is caller id ??

You can still block.
    I'm guessing there is caller id ??

Yeah i know who it is,name and address.

Yeah i know who it is,name and address.

I'd there any threats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,478 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You think they would listen to a call from Ireland,i would go this road if i thought it went anywhere.

Yes I'd go this route first, better they get a kick up the hole over there about it. Extra bonus points if they are there illegally or involved in something else dodgy that brings police calling to their door :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Probably best not to waste time and contact the FBI first.

Advertisement