Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veggie and anti-vivisection

Options
  • 26-08-2005 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

for those of you who are vegetarian/vegan for issues related to the wrongful treatment of animals, do you also make a conscious effort to use products that haven't been tested on animals?

i always think it's strange when i meet people concerned for animal welfare in the food sector who pay no attention to vivisection.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i try but im sure there is a load i do not know about and could be eating some....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

i don't think you'd be eating stuff that was tested on animals! i meant things like shampoo, makeup, medication etc etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oops i meant 'using' instead of eating...food was on my mind :)

i have no idea about medication im afraid but i have never used any that i can rememnber.my shampoo is animal free and my makeup is non existant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

i make an effort not to use any products tested on animals, and as a result dont eat pringles or drink lucozade as a result, but as of yet am not vegetarian.

Advertisement