Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

nice work;) Just wondering what branch of art are you interested in graphic, portraiture, painting or other?

you can't beat doing lots of drawing and looking it really improves the skill!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Love the jack Nicholson one! Some of the others look a bit mechanical - ever think of life drawing?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Wow. Superb.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

artieanna wrote: »
    nice work;) Just wondering what branch of art are you interested in graphic, portraiture, painting or other?
    Thanks artieanna. As regards what branch of art I’m interested in I’d have to say everything. I guess I was a lot more involved in the graphic end of things last year what with working in 3D.

There are two areas which I’d be more focused on at the moment though. The first is painting, something which I’ve never been very good at. In fact yesterday was the first time I painted since my Leaving Cert art class nearly five years ago. Before I started painting this time (in oils) I sat down and read a bit on the internet about how artists who produce painting along the photo-realistic line of things do it. Seems like it involves quite a bit of patience waiting for different glazes (a new word for me :)) to dry and building things up slowly to get a decent result.

The second area I’m interested in at the moment would be tattoos! I’m gonna buy a tattoo gun and some practice skins soon when my bank balance looks a bit better. I’d love to think I could be one of those tattoo artists that can do quality portraits on people! Not many around, especially in Ireland, that I know of that do it well.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    Some of the others look a bit mechanical - ever think of life drawing?
    Thanks Ikky Poo2. I have done some life drawing in the past in college (teacher wasn’t really great in my opinion). I remember at the time though she mentioned that Trinity College have kind of a walk in life drawing thing on Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Something like that would be perfect for me. Any ideas of anything like that in town?
    Andrewf20 wrote:
    Wow. Superb.
    Thanks man ;)

And another, finished last week, 1957 German Grand Prix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Latest piece attached. Never done a theme like this before. A break from doing cars and planes at least.:)

I would so buy that. It's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

Just some stuff from school, The suncream/banana/apple drawing is from my first drawing exam in secondary school, (xmas?). I painted the cat when my art teacher was out and i was bored. The other cat yokey is a doodle i did a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 willful

Pres as an art teacher I don't know how you didn't get into art college-you're obviously very talented!

Here's some of my stuff www.kingstondesign.ie

echter wrote: »
    I would so buy that. It's really good.

Cheers dude. I never really thought about selling recently tbh, although i did sell a few prints of commission paintings I did a few years ago for 10 or 20 euro. I feel guilty asking for mad money!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I love your tiaras :)
    If I was getting married again I'd definitely be looking for something like you have on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 willful

Aisling&M wrote: »
    I love your tiaras :)
    If I was getting married again I'd definitely be looking for something like you have on the site.

Aww thanks!:)

Just two new sketches I've done.horse.jpg

frog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

fair play to the dedication to drawing practice daily! It's something I admire.

The second area I’m interested in at the moment would be tattoos! I’m gonna buy a tattoo gun and some practice skins soon when my bank balance looks a bit better. I’d love to think I could be one of those tattoo artists that can do quality portraits on people! Not many around, especially in Ireland, that I know of that do it well.

Thanks Ikky Poo2. I have done some life drawing in the past in college (teacher wasn’t really great in my opinion). I remember at the time though she mentioned that Trinity College have kind of a walk in life drawing thing on Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Something like that would be perfect for me. Any ideas of anything like that in town?

Thanks man ;)

The life drawing I do is at the United Arts club. Fitzwillaim St 2 hours, 10 euro Wed 8, Thurs 6, pay per class on the night. Trinity does something similar, but I don;t know when.

Cheers Ikky Poo2, I'll look into that.

Cheers Ikky Poo2, I'll look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 _Apple_

My artwork:

2qwcw1c.gif

Portrait of a medical doctor working in Croatia; color chalk and coal. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jabcity

I really liked this thread, the variety of peoples' work is brilliant. :)
    Thought Id contribute, Im doing my LC and trying to build up a portfolio. Comments more than welcome :cool:

Just go to http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?MemberId=3959788038&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=5695769587 to have a gander!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Some stuff from back in secondary school

1444179537a1445637653b380784580l.jpg

1444179537a1445621155b369648231l.jpg

1444179537a1445693386b823103768l.jpg

1444179537a1445611306b307125591l.jpg

Don't have pictures/scans of anything more recent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mamon

Hi
    New to this forum but thought I would show you my latest work, only completed last night - I was hopeless at art when I was in school in Dublin and really when it comes to painting and drawing still am...
    namebracelets003-1.jpg

• Advertisement

I've let myself down a good bit in the ol drawing department over the last month or so just trying to get back into it again and be alot more productive for June!

It's mental how not doing much drawing for a month can really make you rusty.

This picture of Dougal took me alot longer than it should have and I'm not completely happy with it at all but again, just something to get back into things.

dougal.jpg

I've let myself down a good bit in the ol drawing department over the last month or so just trying to get back into it again and be alot more productive for June!

It's mental how not doing much drawing for a month can really make you rusty.

This picture of Dougal took me alot longer than it should have and I'm not completely happy with it at all but again, just something to get back into things.

dougal.jpg

Captured the expression very well! Strill think you should try some life drawing though - worked wonders for me...

dublinsketchers.blogspot.com - if you need some "company"....

I was actually gonna come in to one of yer little gatherings in Stephen's Green a few Sundays ago but as usual a dirty hangover put a stop to that idea.

I do enjoy a bit of life drawing though so I'll definitely be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    The life drawing I do is at the United Arts club. Fitzwillaim St 2 hours, 10 euro Wed 8, Thurs 6, pay per class on the night. Trinity does something similar, but I don;t know when.

Hiya! Those classes sound good - I might actually look into it. Would be good to get a bit of life drawing in as I haven't done much before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hi op. Nice sketches. I should make more time for it again myself apart from my office doodles.
    Just wondering, are you copying from photos and pictures?

phi3 wrote: »
    Just wondering, are you copying from photos and pictures?

I am indeed. I'd kill to be able to draw portraits from memory and I'd like to meet anyone that could!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

nice work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭TYR ->

Just two new sketches I've done.horse.jpg

frog.jpg
    Freaky $h!t dude!, i did that exact pic of the frog in chalk pastel for my junior cert years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭TYR ->

By the way, congrats on the Dougal pic, love the way you captured the expression, nice tones. If I may, I think the outline on your self portrait and the frog shouldnt be continuosly black, on the areas where the subject is high lighted the outline should be softer. The continious black outline flattens it down onto the page more and takes away from the illusion of it being 3D

• Advertisement

TYR -> wrote: »
    By the way, congrats on the Dougal pic, love the way you captured the expression, nice tones. If I may, I think the outline on your self portrait and the frog shouldnt be continuosly black, on the areas where the subject is high lighted the outline should be softer. The continious black outline flattens it down onto the page more and takes away from the illusion of it being 3D

Thanks for the feedback. The black outline thing isn't something I usually do and I'm well aware of the fact that nothing in real life has big black outlines around it. It's just something I did for those two sketches to make them more 'graphicy' or something :p

I really want to do some drawing today but once again drinking copious amounts of gargle looks like it's going to get in the way of that

Advertisement