Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

famous vegetarian quotes

Options
  • 13-08-2005 8:16pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

cos i love this guy...

I do not regard flesh-food as necessary for us at any stage and under any clime in which it is possible for human beings ordinarily to live. I hold flesh-food to be unsuited to our species. We err in copying the lower animal world - if we are superior to it -gandhi

einstein has some good ones too

Albert Einstein

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us the 'Universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separate from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.

Albert Einstein

Flesh eating is unprovoked murder.

ooo http://www.famousveggie.com/quotes.cfm has loads :)

favourite????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭embraer170

How many are real and how many are made up by PETA activists.
    Same story with the lists of celebrity vegetarians.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

although i do recognise a lot of them,i have no idea how many are fabricated :)

and the celebrity list too? i saw a hell of a lot of correct ones on there anyway.../investigates

Advertisement