Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why become Vegetarion??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

heh cool,bring on the blog! there is a list of restaurants and recipes up now for ya too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

nice one Tar! i guess i'd agree with that lot. for me it's the whole.... animals are entitled to a life too. eh. we have ours, let them have theirs.

saz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

I agree with everything you said there:
    Mousse: excellent. Thank God being a Vegetarian doesn't affect your dessert! :)

sorry to tell you this, but mousse more than likely has gelatin in it, so you may as well have a steak instead. I always look out for the various e numbers and colourants aswell that are not vegetarian, theres some disgusting things in food when you look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Willem D wrote:
    Quorn is next worse thing behind tofu , ahhhh tvp yeuch.

What's quorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

numbers and colourants aswell that are not vegetarian, theres some disgusting things in food when you look into it.

Sadly too true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

kawaii wrote:
    What's quorn?
    a meat substitute,kinda tastes like meat...texture etc
    i love it, some ppl dont
    its a good way for newbs to ween off meat though :)

Mousse: excellent. Thank God being a Vegetarian doesn't affect your dessert! :)
    tbh it really does,you have to be very careful.

tbh it really does,you have to be very careful.

Well it doesn't affect mine. I always get the same thing. Apple pie and custard. :o

apples are murder!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

i'm a veggie because of the way animals are treated. meat is definately one of the nicest foods EVER, but some things are more important than pleasure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

i'm a veggie because of the way animals are treated. meat is definately one of the nicest foods EVER, but some things are more important than pleasure.
    Couldnt agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why do you "hardcore" vegetarians always advocate others to "be careful" about staying vegetarian? As if one lapse is gonna give you eternal damnation in hell. Sheesh :mad: Let's all stop with the moralising arguments, too. Unless you researched it yourself (no, discussing on other boards does NOT count as "research" per se), you are just repeating ad nauseum tired old wrong clichés.

On the notion of "moralising"... (NOT safe for work!!)

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Why do you "hardcore" vegetarians always advocate others to "be careful" about staying vegetarian? As if one lapse is gonna give you eternal damnation in hell.[/b]
    You miss the point,we are not saying be careful about that,i do not care if i make a mistake when eating food,i merely learn from it.
    The fact is,vegetarians don't want to eat those products and we told him to be careful when eating desserts because he would want to know.

Advertisement