Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Observations of Glastonbury 2019

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I am more likely to step foot on the moon that I am to attend Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,422 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

AllForIt wrote: »

How can you tell.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

AllForIt wrote: »

By choice or inability to get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

What would King Arthur and Joseph of Arimathea think?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

fryup wrote: »
    Kylie did well i thought for a midget woman in her 50's....she pulled it off

must..resist..tempation..to..make..joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You can''t get it out of your head? :D

Pffft. I should be so lucky....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

Flags question - I went in 1993 and would love to go back but it looks like those stupid flags block the view of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

it does bring colour to the event...but i'd be damn annoyed standing behind one

There was a huge f*cking stupid American one a few years ago (of course) that blocked everyone's view. After that they limited the flags to typical flag size (if you know what I mean) up the front. Some have two flags on a pole but no more than that.
    As a shorter person it does mean that they do tend to get in my view from time to time but I don't mind. It's all part of the flavour. Glasto is famous for it. The humour and thought that is put into some of them is brilliant and they would be sorely missed.
    I remember a few years ago. Standing in the p*ssing rain at The Other Stage. Miserable and trying to figure out who to see next when I look over my friends' shoulders, point and say "Is that Marty f*cking Morrisey on a f*cking flag..... in SPACE?" I mean where else are ya gonna see something as random as that. Brought a smile to my face.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

fryup wrote: »
    Kylie did well i thought for a midget woman in her 50's....she pulled it off
    Ooh er Missus !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Marty Morrissey / flegs / midgets pulling it off. This is still Glastonbury right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't understand why people bring flags. I could never be bothered carrying it around for 5 days, what's the point? Easier for your friends to find you I suppose. If you get close to the stage they don't obscure your view, they're more annoying for the people watching on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't understand why people bring flags. I could never be bothered carrying it around for 5 days, what's the point? Easier for your friends to find you I suppose. If you get close to the stage they don't obscure your view, they're more annoying for the people watching on TV.

They're a pain in the hole for anyone watching it on de telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Some people say the festival should ban them but that wouldn't make a bit of difference. 90% of searches are cursory at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

How do you know somebody has been to Glastonbury

They tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Don’t be a gick na

How do you know somebody has been to Glastonbury

They tell you

Oh no!!! In a Glastonbury Thread???! Oh whadda burn!!!

tenor.gif

Regarding the flags. While they may p*ss off TV viewers they are pretty cool for those who are there and help Glasto stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

What is it that elevates Glastonbury and Coachella in the states above all other music festivals, there’s loads on every year that basically have the same or similar enough lineup and the above mentioned cost an absolute fortune in comparison.

Basically have the same line up? Pmsl . There are 30/40 stages. Most festivals have 4 or 5

Advertisement