Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Published in the USA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just wanted to blow my own trumpet

- have been emailing all day with the New York Post and thenationalnews.com (publication in Dubai) requesting usage of my images from a court case last weekend.

The dubai 2 !! anyhoo ...NYpost have published.... the pics have been in the Irish newspapers for the past few days.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/06/moms-arrested-for-refusal-to-quarantine-after-boob-job-trip-report/

Hope they paid you

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Where did they see your image to request permission for publication?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Hope they paid you

Spent all day yesterday backwards and forwards on email - filling out forms to get on their system etc.

Under the agreement they have to pay me within 30days from usage, at the moment I have been looking into tax exemption status because the US system allows for 30% tax to be held by the US company for the IRS - which is a chunk that I would prefer to have and pay my taxes on it here instead.

Money should be in my account in a few weeks, interestingly enough, fox news tweeted me seeking permission to use the images, but went silent when I asked if they wanted to use for free or pay me ? It has been about 2hrs since they tweeted so there's still a chance they might come back.

A Dubai based news outlet were also interested but have also gone quiet once money was mentioned, funny thing is I'm not even looking for big money for them approx €100 per pic or in the case of the US it's $100 per pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Where did they see your image to request permission for publication?

NYP saw it on the Indo website (in fairness the images were on all the Irish news paper websites last weekend but they contacted the Indo who passed on my details)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Just wanted to blow my own trumpet

- have been emailing all day with the New York Post and thenationalnews.com (publication in Dubai) requesting usage of my images from a court case last weekend.

The dubai 2 !! anyhoo ...NYpost have published.... the pics have been in the Irish newspapers for the past few days.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/06/moms-arrested-for-refusal-to-quarantine-after-boob-job-trip-report/

Great, hope all works out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement