Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

Because Leo's tastes nicer than Mary Lou's?

Where did Mary Lou come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

There'll be great mileage to be had from all the misplaced anger this will generate. The tinfoil hats will taken out and dusted off. Lots and lots of Tweets that go something along the lines of "This is indicative of the deep levels of corruption in FG. Let me briefly explain (1/72)"

Wonder how many weeks the loons will get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

There'll be great mileage to be had from all the misplaced anger this will generate. The tinfoil hats will taken out and dusted off. Lots and lots of Tweets that go something along the lines of "This is indicative of the deep levels of corruption in FG. Let me briefly explain (1/72)"

Wonder how many weeks the loons will get out of it.

So you're not at all worried about the allegations being true? If they are true would it be acceptable to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Am I missing something or is the only evidence a whatsapp message asking for his 'mates' hone address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

francois wrote: »
    Wake me up when the manufactured outrage level gets to 5

Manufactured ??
    So people shouldn't be outraged when one of our elected leaders goes and shares confidential documents ?
    Ok. Lets all be happy then....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Oul Leos ethical radar is a bit wonky? Who'd a thunk it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Her mother's womb presumably.

She's currently the Leader of the Opposition and hence the only alternative source for Micheal's favourite refreshment (according to you).

(I'm rather surprised that you needed me to explain that to you - you really should try harder to keep up with Irish politics.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Allegedly from her mammy's tummy, but there are other stories doing the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Am I missing something or is the only evidence a whatsapp message asking for his 'mates' hone address?

The physical copy of the commercially sensitive document that his friend shouldn't have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurgen wrote: »
    The physical copy of the commercially sensitive document that his friend shouldn't have had.

Is that the envelope on the table photo?

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »

Yes but how do we know that cane from Leo - I love a good FG bashing here as much as the next man but I don't think there's enough evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So - to cut a long story short - will varadkar be forced to resign?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Yes but how do we know that cane from Leo - I love a good FG bashing here as much as the next man but I don't think there's enough evidence

I presume the only way to know for definite would be to look at the courier's records and see if a package was sent after that text message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

And the WhatsApp messages of the actual contract. Did you read the report??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That's what it looks like tbh.

Mr.S wrote: »
    There's nada that directly links Leo to that though. It looks suspicious, but there's nothing in the current article that clearly shows that Leo leaked those specific documents.

The question should be asked of him none the less if he did send the document.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Did anybody read to the end of the article?

His mate then asked him if he wants to set up a refugee centre with a bags of money message.

Then his mate said Leo doesnt give a **** about the refugees its Charley Flannagans baby.

How did Village magazine get a screen grab of o'Tuathaills phone?

Odd story.

Did anybody read to the end of the article?

His mate then asked him if he wants to set up a refugee centre with a bags of money message.

Then his mate said Leo doesnt give a **** about the refugees its Charley Flannagans baby.

That's secondhand though. Being fair, his mate can't speak for Leo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Lock him up! Lock him up!

• Advertisement

And the WhatsApp messages of the actual contract. Did you read the report??

I have only been ae to see whats in that tweet and there's nothing there that proves Leo sent it. Ony proof O'Tuathaill had it

JeffKenna wrote: »
    That's secondhand though. Being fair, his mate can't speak for Leo.

His mate who is so close to Leo he has pints with him, hangs out at gay pride with him and is the only person Matt Barret follows on twitter.

His mate that is so close to Leo he can get confidential financial info couriered to his gaf from Leo.

You know when you price a job while trying to get a state contract and wish you knew how much all the other guys priced it for? This fella can get that info off his mate Leo.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Screenshots from o'Tuathaills to Chay Bowes, the guy who went to the Village Magazine with the piece.

There's a screenshot that the magazine says is a text conversation between o'Tuathaill and Leo (headed 'Leo Varadkar Mob').

Chay Bowes is not involved in that text exchange.

His mate who is so close to Leo he has pints with him, hangs out at gay pride with him and is the only person Matt Barret follows on twitter.

Case closed so.

Some mate if he doesn’t know where he lives!

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am guessing it's in The Village because none of the big media would run it without more substantial evidence.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Case closed so.

Be flippant all you want but something stinks here. Looks like O Tuathhill is acting as the go between to keep the big man clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So what is alleged?

His mate that is so close to Leo he can get confidential financial info couriered to his gaf from Leo.

You know when you price a job while trying to get a state contract and wish you knew how much all the other guys priced it for? This fella can get that info off his mate Leo.

I'm not denying it might be correct but you can't attribute what a mate says about someone as true. Aka if one of your mates said you were a racist I wouldn't take that as fact regardless of how close you are to him.

The real story from the article is the document. Only my opinion of course.

• Advertisement

Be flippant all you want but something stinks here. Looks like O Tuathhill is acting as the go between to keep the big man clean.

I thought you were trying to be flippant with the Matt Barrett bit.

You were serious with that?:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement